twenty nine - brocburrow*

warning: mature content

"You're late." Garreth announced as I ran from bloody Ignatia's stone bust yelling at me wondering where I was off to.

"I know, I know. I had to finish something off in Herbology." I panted, collecting my gear from Garreth's arms.

"What? Finishing Sallow off?" Garreth scoffed.

"Garreth, if you want me in this fucking team that you seem to care about so much, this needs to stop or I quit." I said, my voice raising slightly.

"Fine. Just don't be late again. I don't want to regret my decision to bring you back."

I rolled my eyes and walked off to quickly change into my practice gear and mounted my broom.

It felt good being on a broom again. Garreth was also a fantastic captain and I always enjoyed his sessions. Nellie even let me pretend to be a beater for a while and I may have whacked a bludger straight at Garreth's head.

"Sorry!" I called across the pitch, tossing the bat back to Nellie.

As if I couldn't have pissed him off even more.

After a fun and intense practice session, Garreth excused us all, reminding us we had our second game against Ravenclaw this weekend. I gulped hard. The last time I played Ravenclaw, I broke my shoulder.

"Hey. Don't worry about Beardsley." Nellie said, placing an arm on my shoulder as we walked to place our equipment away. "Garreth's got us beaters targeting him to prevent what happened last time."

I hummed softly at Nellie, stacking my broom in the shed and giving myself a moment to breathe after everyone had left before heading back to the castle for the night.

"Hello, you."

I turned around to see Sebastian peeking his head through the doorway of the broom shed.

"Sebastian! What have I told you about sneaking up on me?" I said, startled by his sudden presence.

"Sorry. I came by on my way back from the boat house to see how you were doing." he said, stepping inside.

"The Quidditch pitch is not really on the way back from the boathouse..."

He smirked at me.

"I know. But, I think you did great. You didn't even look like you took a break from Quidditch at all."

"You watched?"

"I did. Can't a man admire his athletic, talented, beautiful girlfriend handle a broom?"

"I suppose so."

"But honestly, you did great. I know you're the right choice for the team."

"Changed your tune?" I asked, a little shocked by his approval of me playing again.

"I realise there's no point in being mad about it. I can't change it, I can't change your mind. But I can change mine. And, the way I see it now, it could be exciting and it could be fun. Whatever happens, happens."

I smiled softly, relieved our earlier fight didn't impact us too greatly. I also really liked the idea of this new, reflective Sebastian who took accountability for himself before things went sour.

He took a few steps towards me, noticing how sweaty I was. He collected a string of hair that was across my forehead and tucked it delicately behind my ear.

"Worked you hard, did they?" he whispered, closing the space between us even further.

"What are you doing?" I asked, placing my hand on his chest to keep him some kind of distance between us.