forty six - ashwinders

I woke up to the sound of my name being called, but this time it was different. The urgency in Sebastian's voice sent a shiver down my spine, instantly jolting me awake. I bolted upright, my heart racing, and met Sebastian's wide-eyed and frantic gaze.

"What?" I asked, my voice filled with a mix of concern and adrenaline.

"You were having a nightmare." He replied, his voice trembling slightly.

"Sorry... I... I didn't even realise." I mumbled, realising we were still on the lounge in our bathrobes as the fire in front of us dwindled to a low light.

My mind raced as I tried to piece together the fragments of the dream, but they slipped away like smoke. I realised that these nightmares had become so frequent that I had grown accustomed to them.

"You were screaming and thrashing about, you nearly threw me off the lounge."

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, feeling awake now as I worried about what I'd done to him.

"No, I'm fine. Maybe we should go to bed and try sleep." Sebastian suggested.

Times like this I wish I hadn't cast Evanesco on the double bed...

I nodded and changed into my nightgown before climbing in the single bed. I shut my eyes to try and fall back asleep, knowing it wasn't likely to happen.

I could hear Sebastian rustling around behind me, making trying to sleep rather difficult. His noisy movements stopped and I felt my bed jostle around and a cool rush of air as my blanket was lifted from my body. Sebastian had also changed into his pyjama pants and had climbed into my tiny single bed with me, wrapping his body around me tightly. I felt myself relax and melt into his touch, sleep easily finding me as I felt safe in his arms.

My next awakening was much more peaceful as the sun peeked through a high window in the cottage, tickling my nose. I was still firmly in Sebastian's grasp and shuffled back towards him to relish in our embrace for just a little longer. It didn't last long as Sebastian stirred, the sun blaring into his own eyes.

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispered into my ear. I rolled over to face him and placed sleepy kisses on his forehead, his nose, taking care to gently nuzzle the small scar on the bridge of it from our fifth year, cherishing every single one of his freckles with my lips, finally meeting his lips and pressing our mouths together hard.

"Not sure what I did to deserve that." He smirked, rubbing his eyes to adjust to the warm Spring sun.

"You didn't need to do anything." I said, laying one more peck on him before dragging myself out of bed.

"Tea? Coffee?" I called behind me, sliding his old Quidditch jersey over the top of my nightgown for a bit of warmth.

"Urghhh... we'll probably need coffee today. We're heading to that Ashwinder camp. Maybe we'll be able to get information out of one of them." He said, struggling to pull himself out of my single bed.

What did he mean by information? I hope it wasn't what I was thinking...

"Of course... coffee it is." I replied, grinding up some coffee beans, enough for two strong coffees.

Sebastian dressed himself his his usual attire while I roasted the coffee, never really straying from a light button up shirt with a woollen jumper and a tight pair of dark pants. I did admire the way the pants hugged every part of his body, though the loose jumper did ruin the illusion.

I passed him the brew, choosing to dress myself before having mine considering I was still in my nightgown, feeling severely under-dressed next to him.

When I went behind the curtain, I realised he'd already pulled out another jumper for me. This one, while still Slytherin, was a little less in your face about it. It was a deeper green and only had a small, discreet Slytherin logo on the breast. And not a large surname that wasn't mine plastered across the back. I slipped it on over my corset, pairing it with another pair of dark pants and boots and slipped out from behind the curtain.