10: She's My Fiancee

Nazuya looked everywhere on the inside. It looked common enough. Like anyone's house. Except the windows showed the sea and other creatures.

Mizuno : nazuya ~

Nazuya turned around " huh ? "

Mizuno held a jar of green neon jellyfish. She took it in her hands with joy " so pretty. I can use it as a night lamp. "

Mizuno : they do, glow in the dark.

" Thank you ! " Nazuya kissed him on the cheek.

" Ahem. " Poseidon came into the living room.

Nazuya curtsies " god Poseidon. "

Poseidon: you said if you ever come back , it would be when you are successful and have a lady you would want to marry. I guess you made your vow true.

Mizuno : I was raised right . By my father. Like you did him.

Poseidon: yes I did. He gave his life for the important things. Which I believe you will too. You proved everyone wrong , like I knew you would.

Nazuya : proved everyone wrong ?

Poseidon: you didn't tell your lady the story ?

Mizuno; she herself have enough stories.

Poseidon: right... She's Nanalise's daughter. That means you're Mephisto's granddaughter. That family... Sighs. Always have so many stories. So... She's the one you want to marry ?

Mizuno : yes.

Poseidon: .... You know she's a Trade god ?

Mizuno ; yes.

Poseidon: not all Trade gods bring that much trouble with them. But her family, just hers. Have much. Starting right from her ancestor's generation. You're ready to shoulder that ?

Mizuno looked to nazuya " what is grandpa talking about? "

Nazuya : I... Don't know. My Mama's history, I think you already know. My grandpa doesn't create any trouble.

Poseidon: I know Mephisto. We're classmates. He had an uncanny way of getting himself out of trouble and also keeping himself out of it. He can spot trouble from a mile a way . Always could skip out of it or stop it before it starts. I don't mean him.

Nazuya : then...

Poseidon: sighs. This isn't even for your generation to know. Never mind . Are you determined? Brat. To protect her from all the trouble that is to come.

Mizuno : of course I will.

Poseidon: good. Kid.

Mizuno : he's talking to you.

Nazuya: yes ? god Poseidon

Poseidon: get married early. Shit may be hitting the fan. Alright. Go.

Mizuno: thanks for your blessings grandpa. My mother...

Poseidon: I'll deal with her. Go.

Nazuya : you know about the war. The 100 century war. Were you there ? Why does the Five Cloaks want with my mother ?

Poseidon: sharp. Like mephisto. Time to leave kid

Nazuya : wait. Tell me .

" Let's go. " Mizuno pulled her along and away.

__________________________________

Mizuno : alright. Want to stay here for a night ? Or go up to the surface?

Nazuya :.... I feel trapped here.

Mizuno : I thought so. I'll bring you to leave .

" Young Master. How about seeing your mother before leaving? "

Mizuno : I have nothing to talk to her about.

Nazuya: she's your mother. Maybe you should go.

Mizuno cupped her cheek " nazuya. " He looked into her eyes then lightly bumped his forehead to hers " no. I won't lose what I love to something as stupid as family pressure again. Especially not family I don't recognise. "

Nazuya : what do you mean ?

He just held her hand tightly and pulled her along to leave.

They reached the surface in the matter of minutes. But what he said had made her think.

Again ?

Nazuya : are you going to ever tell me ?

Mizuno : about?

Nazuya ; you were bullied ? Proved everyone wrong ?

Mizuno : after my father died in action , his army got absorbed by Eseidon. A subordinate under my grandpa who turned commander. But Eseidon never bullied us , used it protect us from anyone who tried to bully us. Mother and son.

Nazuya : your grandpa too busy ?

Mizuno : grandpa was a silent man. He never was a man with much words. But Eseidon always tried to convince me otherwise. Said grandpa sent him to protect us.

Nazuya; I see. So what was it that you had to prove others wrong ?

Mizuno ; a lot of people tried to force my mother to marry them to gain some sort of protection. Or even tried to convince my mother to marry me off at a young age for the same. After all, Poseidon's grandson still holds something.

Nazuya : but I guess Eseidon did a good job helping to fend those off.

Mizuno : but Eseidon couldn't always be there. So I swore to become strong myself. I trained and trained and gained myself an army even the Heavenly Courts have to recognise.

Nazuya : sounds hard.

Mizuno : Building something that's only yours. From scratch. You understand don't you ?

Nazuya : don't know if it's hard... For me... I kind of do almost the same thing everyday.

Mizuno laughed a little " blackmail everyday ? "

Nazuya : hey !! so you're all strong now. Why are you angry at your mother ?

Mizuno ; remember I told you I was supposed to meet a new girl ?

Nazuya: the ice demon ?

Mizuno ; my mom arranged that. Her clan people had been pushing that girl for me to see .

Nazuya ; and you said before.... You perhaps would have married her... If not for me... You fought with her on that ?

Mizuno : didn't give her a chance to. Just avoided her altogether.

Nazuya: oh....

Mizuno strokes her hair " don't worry. I won't let them pressurise me in doing what I don't want. "

Nazuya hugs him and squeezed " Mizuno. I'm not that kind to consider ask you to let me go. Don't let go. "

Mizuno : I won't. You not worried they'll come find you trouble ?

Nazuya ; I'm a Trade god. I fix troubles.