70: Dr Rose Meets Elliot

Ruin comes back in from the horse rider sit " we're in the right direction. "

Rose ; thank you Ruin

Ruin ; I am your guard till the trip is over.

Rose ; sorry you had to stick with me.

Ruin : don't say that. I am getting paid. You had this cottage a very long time ?

Rose nodded " I was given.It was someone's dream. That someone didn't had time to manage it so it was passed to me to continue ."

Ruin ; what dream ?

Rose : To practice medicine and travel.

__________________________________

They stopped at a small teahouse and Rose poured tea into the small cups.

Ruin : thanks.

Rose : so how did you meet your current wife ?

Ruin : just happened to.

Rose: mmm... You don't look bad. Quite handsome. Damsel in distress and she fell in love with you ?

Ruin : I'll go order some food.

Rose : shy ~

Ruin came back to his seat.

Rose : you avoided just now. So I was right ?

Ruin ; why do you care ?

Rose ; you're kind of a handsome guy. So many girls will like. Why her ?

Ruin: it's just a coincidence thing.

The food arrives at the table. " Please enjoy. " And the waiter leaves.

Ruin starts eating

Rose : so quiet. I'll pester you some more later !

Ruin sighed.

__________________________________

They reach back the carriage after the short stop. But that's when an old man who was panting real bad came to them " help.... help my young master. You're doctors right ?"

Ruin : Dr Rose

Rose : bring me along.
.
.
.
She enters the inn that was not far from where they were. She follows the old butler up the stairs and into the room.

She took his wrist over and placed two fingers to read his pulse " ah... I see. "

" You can make him better ? We have money. We can pay. "

Rose : he's sensitive. This inn is the only last stop before entering Evergarden Town. Both of you didn't think to buy a mask ?

" We did ! Just we hadn't entered."

Rose : it's true most pollen is out of reach here. But he's really sensitive it seems. It's starting to affect his lungs.

" So ... "

" he'll be fine." Rose starts to write a list.  She places the list on the table " alright. We're going. "

" Wait

" Wait. Here is the fee" the old butler passes her some money.

Rose ; so...Why are you both here for ?

" Young Master is bedridden with a curse. They say Evergarden Town negates all magic. Curse is a type of magic. Maybe... "

Rose : ah . I see. It probably will help. But seeing him like this. Will it help ? He can't even breathe in the pollen. That's what's going to help with the curse.

The old butler kneels down " then then... Please. Is there something we can do ? Our Family has only young master left."

" Rio. *Coughs. Coughs* " the young man wakes up " we've tried everything. Maybe this is my life. "

The old butler cries " young master. "

" You must be the healer who helped me. Thank you. Forgive me. I couldn't get down the bed. I'm Elliot. "

Ruin; Elliot as in first name or last name ?

Elliot: first name. That ruin, you know who is he ?

Rose ; my guard

Elliot ; you know his true identity ?

Rose ; what true identity ?

Elliot laughed a little " you hired an mercenary as a guard "

Rose ; oh. I was provided his protection. So I don't know.

Elliot ; oh. You work for someone.  I haven't heard your name yet. Miss...

Rose ; Dr Rose . I work for myself mostly. Not under someone. So what's your curse ?

Rio the old butler was happy hearing that there was some hope " young master! "

Elliot ; I wouldn't like to reveal that. It's ok.

Rose : hmm... Alright. I'm leaving. Ruin will return with your medicine.

__________________________________