62: Tedine Ensnared

Tedine looks at araki " you. She chose you? Hmm... I swear sometimes she just does things as it comes. "

Araki ; sorry ? I don't understand

Tedine : so she kept that bow or you kept it ?

Araki ; Miss Nana let me keep it. She gave me a special case to keep it. Said it would not let them think it would be here.

Tedine : can I see it ?

Araki takes out the rectangular flat case . On top of it carved Epocus Antiquities.

Tedine ; oh. I see why now. They caught you the last time. They didn't ask you where the bow was ?

Araki : oh you mean when they kidnapped me. Yes , they did. They seem to already know I became the Golden Bow's owner. I just... Don't understand why they didn't kill me .

Tedine : they kill you, they won't know where the bow went and lose a chance to make you summon the bow. They're not stupid. But you didn't tell them , where it was.

Araki ; they did torture me to make me say. But not as much as I expected I would receive...

Tedine ; hmm... And they used you as bait... Didn't even try to retrieve you...

Araki ; yes...

Tedine ; damn.... No wonder she tagged me.

Araki ; eh ? Who tagged you ?

Tedine ; she knew their target was her only. It would immediately get off her back if she went back to her darling husband.

Araki : sorry who ?

Tedine ; our Miss Nana.

Araki ; you're saying she's more important to kill than me ?

Tedine : don't be surprised. Compared to any achievement in the world, a success to killing her would be a very big achievement. That's her value to them.

Araki ; the minister ?

Tedine ; no. The ones the minister or they employed.

Araki ; wait. Why did they not suspect when they saw my case ?

Tedine : Epocus Antiquities don't only sell antiquities. Anyone worth their salt knows that. It could be a bomb , a trap or whatever. Epocus Antiquities is a Jack in the box. You don't know what you get .

Araki ; oh... I never knew.

Tedine ; your bow and you are not worth their time.

__________________________________

Braidy the minister was yelling " we hired you to get the bow and the owner !!"

Heren ; don't be like that. We had him. He escaped.

Braidy ; they said you could do anything.

Heren ; we did. We did have him. But it wasn't worth it to fight all those people just for a bow and an owner.

Braidy: what do you mean , not worth it ?!!

Heren ; your contract money wasn't worth that much effort.

Braidy ; YOU !!

Heren ; you have men. You could do this. Oh wait. You can't. The king would be suspicious where all the men you've deployed come from.

Braidy ; how much ?!!

Heren ; we do have an unlimited effort contract. The number of men to the number of money. I'm sure you would also understand what happens if you owe money to us right ? Do consider carefully.

__________________________________

Tedine knocks onto the door a few times. Wasn't answered which was weird and this was supposed to be a mansion . Should come with servants.

Tedine ; I know you see me . What are you afraid of ? Nana ?

The door opens.

" and as usual that's the magic keyword . " Tedine let's himself in and he takes a deep breath in " tsk. Not a good time to be alone. "

He walks in further to the living room where Minister Braidy was sitting at the couch. Tedine makes his way to sit at the sofa opposite him " Mr Braidy. Hello."

Braidy : you represent her ? Came here to surrender on behalf of her ?

Tedine ; so that big performance to kill her was you ?

Braidy ; please. I'm not the only one who has it out from her. But if she wants to surrender, I could help her tell the right people.

Tedine ; I see. At least you're honest. So who's behind you ?

Braidy ; I don't follow orders.

Tedine ; sure. I'm going to pretend I believe that.

Braidy :... You're here alone...

Tedine ; I do not appreciated that face.

Braidy stood up from his couch and stepped backwards " you'll be stuck here."

Black strings come out of the floor and a magic circle surrounds tedine...

Tedine ; shit. You're so dead.

Braidy laughed " yes you are !!! "

Tedine sighed " this shit magic again... "