33: Trapped

Thomas invites them to sit down " erm. I don't see Miss Hailarose. Did she perhaps went under some change ? And she's the new Miss Hailarose ?" He looks at lent.

Lent ; no. I'm not her.

Thomas : oh, then there's nothing much I can do for you here today

Joy ; not even if her spouse is here ?

Thomas: spouse... ? I have no such records that Miss Hailarose is already married.

Joy looks to Yui with a ' what ?' face. Yui just nodded.

Then someone knocks and comes in " hi. I'll take over from here Thomas. You can leave. This guest is a very important one. One we must handle with very much care. "

Thomas stood up bows and leaves.

This new face sat down, she was a lady " long time no see. Mr Yaerren. You still have some money with us. Would you like to activate your account? I could issue you a new card today. "

Joy ; Maison. You're still here ? How many cycles did you wait, did they decide to bring you back ?

Maison : don't be like that. I didn't wait very long. They called me back every alternate cycle. I'm very good at my job. That's why I handle all of your family accounts.

Joy ; staying alive so long just to do this job ?

Maison ; what can I say ? I do like this job a lot.

Joy ; so I'm curious. The government sets a rule that long lifers can only occupy the same job , for a second cycle , for a set number of years and they have to change a job in order to prevent the manipulation over a seat for too many years. Maximum is 40 years. What is the bank's cycle ?

Maison : I'm surprised you didn't keep your eyes on me to actually ask that question.

Joy ; you leave irregularly. Not to the maximum.

Maison : 30 years. The bank likes to try different talents. Enough of chit chat. I can't let you use Miss Hailarose account any longer. You know we keep records from the government's systems for basic information. Like Name , Age , Address , Spousal Relations , Job. And... There's nothing here on Job and Spousal Relations. I can't release any money.

Joy ; there's always nothing on Job. We don't work for any organisation.

Maison ; so... Could you ask her to make a trip down ? Will make things a lot easier.

Lent kicks Joy's chair " you have money. How much ? Let's use yours. "

Joy ; how about yours ?

Lent ; I died . My money isn't with me anymore.

Joy ; where did it go ?

Lent : ..... it went to...

Maison ; it went to her spouse.

" You were married ? " Joy and Yui asked surprised.

Lent ; what ? I can't ?

Yui ; you just never seem to have one the whole time you were dead.

Lent ; we had some issues. I divorced him one sided. It didn't go through fully when I died.

Yui ; so you have no money.

Joy ; hmph. This one was a agent. Highly paid. She barely uses that money. She probably has more money than me.

Lent kicks Joy's chair again " you work for mama. You have more money. "

Joy ; I use her money and earn more money for her. Maison. Who has more money ?

Maison ; well... Comparing joy's account... And lent's spouse's account ... Lent's spouse definitely has more. Since... He had been taking in some sort of income regularly.

Joy ; you married someone like us ? Work in the dark.

Joy ; mind your own business. I'll use his money then .

Maison ; if he's dead. But it seems he has just got himself a new card at one of the branches.

Lent ; tsk. Don't know what he's buying. I'm kind of still his wife.

Maison : yes... But there's the divorce that didn't go through... Now that he's alive... the single side divorce is deemed to be continued.

Joy ; alright. Back to using my money then. We need to eat.

Maison ; sure. Please wait a moment while I go and issue you a new card. I will have to make how many sub cards as well ?

Joy ; just 1 for lent. I'll ask my mama to come down.

Maison : great.
.
.
.
Maison comes back " 1 main card for joy. 2 sub cards for lent."

Lent ; 2 ?

Maison ; one of joy. And one of your spouse's.

__________________________________

Nana was still at the door " you don't look like the butler. Where's Alan and Artietra? "

" Right inside. "

Tedine : mama. Something's wrong. I can feel it in my gut.

Nana :inside ?

" Yes. "

Nana ; there's some other magic working here... But it's hidden... Tedine.

Tedine : what ?

She held onto his hand and stepped into the room ...

The room turned white from the step she took. The man she saw disappeared. She and tedine looked back and the entire house was no more.

They were locked in a white space.

Tedine ; the fuck is this.

Nana : we've entered another space.

She snaps and snaps " no magic allowed... "

Tedine ; but you're a god !!

Nana : no magic works in two ways. One , it absorbs the energy, so the cause cannot happen. Two , it bounces the energy off like a shield.

Tedine : this isn't a shield. So must be the first one.

Nana : um...

Tedine : can't you summon enough magic to break it ?

Nana : if this was a normal no magic space , the energy of one soul should break it.

Tedine ; what ? Are we trapped here ? First day I'm on earth , I'm dead. That's exciting.

Nana : oh shut up.

" Hi. Miss Hailarose. Or should I call you the Lollita Witch ? "

Nana : an old title. I do like that title. Who are you ?

" I'm from The Vines. I'm sure you're familiar with our Director Yaerren . "

Nana : Neva. He sent you ?

" Yes. He didn't want to see you yet. "

Nana : what's your name ?

" I'll tell you that if you can get out of here. "

Nana : Alan ! You colluded with them ?!

" Sorry. He's not available to listen to this broadcast. "

Nana : I see. If I can't leave , what will happen ?

" What an obvious question. You'll just have to die. "