13: Your Blessings

Yukihana : Mizuno?

Mizuno : Yukihana. What brings you here ?

" Sir. They've been punished. "

Mizuno nods " let them go home. Come back on time tomorrow for work. "

The soldier nods and leaves.

Yukihana: always busy.

Mizuno ; so what are you here for ?

Yukihana : I... Really really wanted to know something. An honest answer from you.

Mizuno : your question is...

Yukihana : I know you're marrying nazuya soon. I just want to know... Why her ?

Mizuno ; I don't think that's an answer you should want to hear. You should let it go.

Yukihana: no. Your mother told me. You were ok with marrying me after seeing me for the first time. You were ok with the arrangement. But... You just wanted more time to confirm our relationship. So you actually went out with me and her at the same time. Didn't you ?

Mizuno ; I did.

Yukihana : you never told her... Right ?

Mizuno ; I did actually.

Yukihana: and she's ok with it ? She's The Nazuya. The Cold Witch of the Underworld.

Mizuno laughed a little " that's right. She is called that. " He calmed down from the laughter " she did know. In fact I couldn't hide it from her even if I wanted to. "

Flashback ~

Nazuya : I never agreed to you asking me out.

Mizuno : than I'll just keep coming. With different requests and flowers everytime I can.

Nazuya : flowers are boring. My own little brother can grow a whole garden of it.

Mizuno: how about fishes ? You can't touch water right ? So you can't actually have them.

Nazuya : you'll run out of requests one day.

Mizuno ; everyone is greedy. I won't.

Nazuya: you know I can reject your requests right.

Mizuno : you have not yet. Meaning, you do still want to see me.

She blushed just a little " .... No..."

Mizuno : A Trade god lying. That's kinda cute.

Nazuya : ahem. You're already dating the ice demon. Leave me alone.

Mizuno : so you do , keep tabs on me.

Nazuya then looked up from her papers and into his eyes seriously " this is just fun for you. Once the fun is over, you'll find me no longer interesting to play with. Just cos I'm hard to get , does not make me a game to conquer. Go home. Demon Mizuno. "

End  ~

Mizuno : she demanded my whole attention. So I gave it. Sorry. Yukihana.

Yukihana : so that's how she lured you in.

Mizuno laughed a little " you made it sound like she did some ploy. "

Yukihana : isn't it ?

Mizuno ; no no. I fell hard the first time I met her. I should apologise to you. Leading you on for so long. I didn't want to disappoint my mother that quickly.  Nazuya... was always on my mind . I'm sorry.

" ... But I'm so gentle... Beautiful ... Considerate... Understanding... Isn't that what all guys want ?" She asked as her tears fell.

He dries her tears with his sleeve " Yukihana.  You're probably every other guy's dream girl. Really.  So it's not your problem. Just me . Ok ? "

Yukihana : but ... But aunt Helma said you liked kind , gentle , considerate girls.

Mizuno ; Yukihana... My mother must mean...

Yukihana: mean what ? You owe me an explanation. Please.

Mizuno ; .... You do remind me of... Sighs. Yukihana. Don't ask. I'm... Not that being anymore. I'll escort you home. My fault you have to come all the way here for an explanation.

__________________________________

Helma : Mizuno. Why won't you like the girl I picked for you ? She's like her isn't she ?

Mizuno : mother. She is like her very much.

Helma : then why ?

Mizuno : because... Too much like her... I couldn't protect her... Yet Yukihana... She seemed even more fragile than her.

Helma : never mind that.  She's your type.

Mizuno ; .... Nazuya is my type. Mother. Please accept her.

Helma : A Trade god. She'll take everything from you. They always do. That's what they are. They take things from others.

Mizuno ; they exchange it.

Helma : more for themselves.

Mizuno took out the little vial he hid under his shirt wore at his neck " not this time . Nazuya wanted it to be fair. "

Helma : she ... Gave you... This... ?

Mizuno nodded " she loves me. I love her. Can you please give us your blessings ?"

Helma : ... Then the clan people...

Mizuno ; don't worry about it. They maybe more afraid to make noise than you think, at tomorrow's wedding.

Helma : they're not afraid of you.

Mizuno : they'll be afraid of someone else. Someone... Most are afraid of.

Helma : huh ?

Mizuno: don't worry . Ok ?

Helma : where is it ?

Mizuno ; what is ?

Helma : the Marital Approval. I want to sign it.

" Really? " He goes to find it and gives it his mother " here you go." She puts her name on " I bless and approve. "

Mizuno ; thank you mother.

Helma ; I want you to be happy. That's what I always wanted. Sorry the clan people got involved.

Mizuno ; no worries. It's not the first time those beings tried to bully us into something they want.

__________________________________