43: Crashing A Wedding

The business was operating for a few months already.

Yui ; the business is smaller than last time. That's ok ?

Nana ; it's ok. Don't need the money now.

Yui : that Essure did say he wanna go war with you. Organisation to organisation

Nana : it's not like a physical fight. I've to hire arms and all that.

Yui ; okie then. Joy said they already started.

Nana ; few months head time. I know. I'm here . I wanna enjoy it.

Yui ; you just prefer some challenges. Don't you ?

Nana shrugged " maybe ? "

They pass into a small village. Most shops were closed and theh walked into a tea house. They say down

The waiter comes " hi . Here are the menus. "

Nana : today is a special day for the town ?

" the Chief's son is getting married. So almost the entire town went."

The boss than spoke " hmph. That vile human. I pity the girl who marries him. "

" boss... "

Nana ; the son is a bad person ?

Boss ; hmph. Always only making trouble. The Chief just goes around picking up his nonsense. Apologizing or giving money to the villagers.

Yui ; so he never has been brought to court ?

Boss: going to court means lawyers. Money. No one has that much of that here.

Yui ; how about police ?

Boss ; too far. That bully stays nearer to everyone here.

" so ... what would you like ? "

Nana : a few snacks. Anything you have. About three plates ? Then a pot of tea. The best you have.

The waiter looked to Yui.

Yui ; yes. Whatever she wants.

Boss : Kiddo !

" yes yes. Coming right up ! "

Boss ; enjoy.

The waiter brings it up " peanut snow cake , sesame crackers and spring onion biscuits."

Nana takes a bit and the sesame crackers crisp and breaks. It's tad oily but also very crispy. " so fragrant!! Yui ~ can you make this ? "

Yui : I can try.

Nana : it's sooo good !! Takeaway please !! One more of each !

" our snacks are the best around here. "

Boss ; hmph. If not for that dumb wedding, everyone would be here at this timing having tea.

Nana : you don't like them ?

Boss ; hmph.

" the village chief kind of forced everyone to go. And have to appear with a gift too. "

Nana : you two didn't go.

Boss ; I'm not afraid of him !!

" I live in this building and work for him... so... but boss... what if his son comes and... "

Boss ; hmph. Try and kill me then. I'll call the police!!

Just then a girl pushes the door open and lands on the floor. Her hair shrivelled . She was wearing a white dress and it was torn. She panted hard. To which she stood up after catching some breath and ran into the back.

Boss ; hey !!!

" wait. Isn't that... Haddock's bride ? "

Boss ; that's her ? She looks familiar.

Then a ruckus was heard as the sound got louder. A young man walked in " WHERE IS SHE ?!! "

The crowd has followed and we're standing outside the door.

Boss ; get out. I have customers here .

" you old man. You didn't come to my wedding !! " this young man stared at him.

Boss: I don't know you.

" I'm Haddock. Of course you know me. I'm the future chief of this village. Time for you to give some wedding present. " the young man walks to behind the counter and pushes the boss and the boss fell. He uses bare strength to pull open the cashier drawer and takes up the cash. All of it.

Boss ; that's my money !!

The waiter goes over " forget it. Boss. "

Haddock ; listen to your waiter. So. Where's my bride ?

Boss : what bride ?

" I'm not blind !!! " haddock took the cashier drawer and threw at him. Then a chopstick flew in that direction and pinned the cashier drawer to the wall.

Haddock looked to Nana and Yui. They just calmly ate their snacks and drank tea. He walked over " it's you. Isn't it ?" He stared at Yui.

Nana : boss. The peanut snow cake is yummy too. But sesame crackers is the best. Spring onion biscuits.... hmm... just fragrant.

Boss stood up with a little help of the waiter " thanks... kid..."

" Ignoring me ?!! " haddock took the plate that had the sesame crackers smashed it against the table and placed the sharp end of the ceramic at Nana's neck. " scared now ? "

Yui ; bad choice.

Haddock : hmph. She does look cute. Your daughter ? Maybe I should take her as my wife instead. What do you think ?

Yui clenched his fist then took a deep breath " calm down. Calm down. "

Haddock ; hmph. Coward.

Nana ;  I forgot humans here judge others by appearance.

Yui : we're just not in the city.

" I said... " he reaches his hand out to grab onto her throat , but a snake slithers out of her hat and gives him a bite on the wrist.

He was shocked , he takes it back and retreats " damn it !! "

The snake slithers around Nana's hat " sssssss !!! " it hissed.

Nana : this is Hera.

His hand immediately turns purple and then to black , it starts to spread. " what did you do ??? What did you do ?!! " and he runs .

Nana ; sorry boss.

Boss ; you're not a normal kid.

The girl earlier came out with the kitchen knife in her hand. She was still shaken and didn't want to put the knife down. 

Nana : what's your name ?

Boss ; oh !! You stay at the outskirts of the village right ? Erm... with Grandma Selsa.

" I send you snacks every week. Don't see, you. "

" I sell things in the city for a living. I always come in the evening. I also... come once a week. "

" I see. "

Boss: so your name is....

" I'm Allison. "