104: The Seal at Zero

Athelian picks up the blue book and passes it to him " there you go."

Izuya takes it " no title..."

Athelian: Restriction section. Only I or approved staff can see the title.

" thanks." Izuya opens it up. Athelian taps the book and it automatically flips to a certain page. " oh and also... " Athelian reaches out his hand and a book flies to his hand. He opens it and puts on the floor " honestly. Why am I so nice to you. Have fun."

Athelian leaves and Izuya starts to read

Adamus: Destroy all god and demi-god countries and... I need you to die for me. 

Nanalise : huh? It's just destroying right? Give me the permission to mass murder.

Adamus: Nanalise.

nanalise: Tsk. I don't understand the part I need to die.

Adamus: Free her for me. The seal is on Zero.

Nanalise: you are the Divine. One snap you can undo it.

Adamus: She will be pissed and make it harder for me.

Nanalise: what kind of seal is that, she will kill me ?

Adamus: Come on, you can't have me tell you everything. You are a god. You are better than humans who just ask for things given to you on a silver platter. 

Who is this her? The Divine is scared of her? No... More like respect her.

He reads the other book.

This is my research on Zero. Why does it have a natural magic pressure ?

A magic pressure and atmosphere that no other domain or place can beat. Usual special domains that have unusual magic creatures have a slightly higher magic pressure than the places we stay in.

Magic pressure puts weight and heaviness on the person . The more condensed the magic is in the atmosphere, the heavier it is , but this also means there is more magic to pull easily from the atmosphere.

But Zero, it is to the level where all entrants must put a thin level of magic barrier to repel off its weight. Else one can gets squashed and integrate into nothing. Even with the thin level of magic barrier, one can feel the heaviness just by inside it.

Previous research in other environments with high magic condensity reveals that it is due to magical ores or elements in the environments absorbing and giving out magic particles.

So... what is making this place dense?

Several years of searching and trips and finally I have a breakthrough. There it is. A huge big seal slammed in the middle of this nothingness.

My colleague who made the seal appear, he is not holding on very well. He is bleeding jsut from the stress of revealing this seal. It seems it takes a lot of energy. There is a language on the rim of the magic circle I cannot read. 

But what does it seal ? 

Izuya closes the book " a language humans doeesn't know how to read..."

.

.

.

At Zero...

The mirrored rings and Lent takes the device out. She presses a button and lets it float in the air. Yui was on the other side

Lent: hey. Anything?

Yui: I am going to teach you a spell that reveals high level seals.

Joy: Should we get a seal caster? We aren't you . Common spells shared among gods are high level common spells most humans can't do.

Lent: I can't do high level common spells. My magic is battle type.

Joy: same.

" hello !!" Athelian waved and appeared on the screen behing Joy and Lent. Both of them turned around quickly.

Lent: who are you!!

Yui: .... Athelian . What are you doing there?

Athelian: I am curious too. This is a blank space even The Archives don't have. I want to know.

Yui: then contribute.

Athelian: I can't directly influence this. I got punished once already. But... I can advance the inevitable.

Joy: you know him ?

Yui: He is Athelian. One of the gods of The Archive.

Athelian: One of ? ok ok... one of. Anyway, check your pocket.

Yui checks and find a piece of paper and sees a magic circle " oh. I see what you want to do."

Athelian gives the same piece of paper to the two of them " put it on your hand."

Joy looks to Yui.

Yui: it's fine. Do as he says.

The three of them let the paper touch their palms. The magic circle etches on their palms.

Athelian knocks the vending machine and two stones in a plastic bag drops out " on me." 

"thanks..." Lent takes it, so does Joy. They tear the plastic and crushes the stone. A thin film of barrier envelops them.

They exit the station and walks to the center of it all.

Lent: about here.

Yui: put your hand on the ground, I will give you some power and help you reveal the seal. I will use the spell and cast it.

" I see. We are like mediums." Joy and Lent put their hands on the ground and a huge surge of magic applies and like a ripple spreads out to the surroundings. The seal and magic circle appears.

It was so big that Lent and Joy seems so small kneeling right on top of it

Joy: what the...

Lent: I have never seen something so huge... It's even bigger than the one at Maramura Town.

Athelian : There we go. A language at the rim... Ah. A lost language. This tribe got mass murdered. They were feared being less in number but regardless very powerful. So feared everything up till even their language was erased completely. No documents, nothing.

Joy: and you could read it correct?

Athelian: of course. There is nothing lost with The Archive, only if it ever existed in the first place. Except this seal , it is special.

No one shall disturb me who stays inside. If anyone dares disturb my door, may they be ready to suffer my wrath. Those who seek me, must prepare a sacrifice that I approve. Something interesting , something worth. 

____________________________________