12: Yukihana , The Ice Demon

Mizuno received Izuya at his mansion " god Izuya. You should have summoned me to your place. "

Izuya ; you're The General Mizuno. How could I ?

Mizuno : god Izuya... You're senior than me.

Izuya : only in age. I'm a positionless god. I dawdle my days with my wife at home everyday. Read her about human's gossip or news. Do stuff we enjoy. Like old people we are.

Mizuno ; what can I do for you ?

Izuya hands him the card " here. My name and my wife's. We approve your marriage. "

Mizuno takes it with both hands " even for you to prepare this. This should have been my job. I want to marry her. "

Izuya laughed a little " your grandfather is anxious. He signed it and sent it over to us. "

Mizuno sweatdrops " haha. He didn't tell me... "

Izuya : although this Marital Approval isn't a necessity for your marriage to go forward, it is a blessing to receive the approval of the ones you love. Nanalise says , she's sorry she couldn't do something to change your mother's mind. In her own words, if only I wasn't locked here. I would slap her upside down to wake her up.

Mizuno laughs " god Nanalise is too kind. For some reason, I can see that happening. "

" Master Mizuno. Demon Yukihana is here . "

" I will leave now. You seem busy." Izuya told him and leaves.

Mizuno : Her ? What's she doing here ? I thought I made it pretty clear to her...

His butler merely shook his head.

Mizuno sighed " alright. "

Yukihana enters into the room as the butler led her in " Mizuno. "

Mizuno : what is it Yukihana?

Yukihana : well... I heard you're marrying god nazuya?

 I heard you're marrying god nazuya?

Mizuno : yes. You are welcome to come and seat at our wedding. If , you have blessings to give.

Yukihana : you see me , as that type of girl ?

Mizuno : not you. But the clan behind you. Have they sent you here today ?

Yukihana: no.

Mizuno ; oh. Then ...

Yukihana : so you're ok with it ? With happens when you marry a Trade god ?

Mizuno ; what do you mean ?

Yukihana : everything you own. Everything you've worked for. Including you , belong to her.

 Including you , belong to her

Mizuno: so does she to me.

Yukihana: no... Not when marrying a Trade god. She... Didn't tell you ?

Mizuno :.... Well. I'll be sure to ask her.

Yukihana: I didn't mean to be the bad person here... I... I think I should leave.

__________________________________

Mizuno pushed the door open impatiently even with subordinates stopping him " Demon Mizuno. Demon Mizuno."

" I'm sorry. Lady Nazuya. "

Mizuno stormed in and sees her lying on the bed with her back at him.

Mizuno : I've got something to ask you about.

Nazuya : hm....

" Nazuya. " He got a bit annoyed and turned her so he could look at her . She was pale and was holding something in her hand.

Mizuno: ... Are you ok ?

Nazuya : you... Shouldn't be here...

Mizuno ; what happened? Let me call a healer.

Nazuya : no need...

Mizuno: what do you mean , no need ! You're pale !

Nazuya : I'll ... Be... Ok... Bottle... Table...

Mizuno ; what ?

Nazuya : bottle... Table... Please...

He goes to the table and sees a small bottle with a green neon string tied to it. He takes it to her " this one ? "

She nods and uncorks the bottle and placed the little purple shard in and closes it.

Mizuno ; nazuya... This shard...

She weakly smiled " I won't let you lose anything. I promise , what's yours is forever yours. Only you are mine. Is that good enough ? "

He lied right beside her and looked into her eyes " nazuya... "

Nazuya : Trade gods can't break promises. You trust my promise ?

Mizuno : did you hear something? So you did this ?

Nazuya shook her head " me for you. You for me. A fair and equal trade right ? "

He pushed her head into his chest " nazuya. "

Nazuya ; did you know ? Trade gods don't marry their most beloved. They don't want their most beloved become things they owned. So my mother was the first one to think of this way to prove to my father, her love. I know... You earned everything through hard work. I couldn't just take it away from you. So... I only want you.

Mizuno: I won't ever let you go. Nazuya.