79: I Don't Want To Be A Hero

Garlis the butler helps Izuya back into the room. Izuya unhooks his arm around Garlis' neck and walks towards the bed and lies on the it.

Garlis: semi-conscious.

Izuya: I am not drunk... just tipsy.

Garlis: Brother. Miss did something again ?

Izuya: I know you are going to stand on her side. It's ok. She won't come home ... Avoiding me. Can you tell her to come home ?

Garlis: I could try. You know she doesn't listen to me.

Izuya: she doesn't listen to anyone.

Garlis: She listens to you.

Izuya: hmph. Tell her I want to see her before she starts it.

Garlis: alright.

________________________________

Joy on the mortal plane was still dealing with nana's matters and helping her manage things.

Make some normal deals to keep them financially strong. Some special ones I kept for myself. Some interesting ones for Nana, I just know she would like them. She had that habit of collecting those kind of things. It's like a gift for her.

He picked the strawberry from the vine. It was especially big. So big it looked weird.

" That's ok ?"

Joy : I'm sure it is.

" It's poisonous. Anything I grow is poisonous. Are you sure ?"

Joy ; you came here to make a deal. To have money to so that your child can go to school. Why do you care what I need your abilities for ?

" .... It's just weird anyone would want someone like that. "

Joy : just this acre is yours. No further. Understand?

" Yes. "

Joy: good. She would absolutely love it.

The two of us had lived too long then and now to just have one layer of relationship. Mother and son. Then again , I never felt she was like my mother.  Nana did many wilful things in her time as a human then. I often took care of her like a child indulging those wilful things.

She was also at times my best friend as I lost people close to me. She was there and understood. When I succceeded and was overjoyed in completing something, she understood. I never had to explain. Whatever I did , she understood. She never doubted me. I never doubted her.

Even when that one time I almost destroyed the organisation. She was so nonchalant about it and said we could just rebuild.

She rarely took care of me as far as I remembered. She did birth me, but it felt like I did most of the taking care. She was a soldier and was rarely home. And when she quit as a soldier and built her business, she taught everything she could to me.

How to be a Trade Dealer . How to see people's weakness . How to use it against them. How to manipulate things in my favour. How to earn people's trust. How to earn people loyal to me. All that and more.

Nana , my mama. She's really my best friend, my mentor , my last pillar. I can always trust her.

It's a bit funny how things developed really. My mother turned to my mentor then turned to my best friend. And at times a child.