76: A Foreword

Rose analyses the blood " hmm... Interesting. "

Ruin : you can cure it ?

Rose ; it's a curse. Family curse. Someone doesn't want their descendants to live long.

Ruin : in exchange for ?

Rose ; I wouldn't know that. I'm not a contract reader. But...

Ruin : we can get some information.

Rose : please. Thank you Ruin.

________________________________

Ariel could feel someone hovering around her "who are you ? Get out . Before I decide I want your death instead. "

A male walks out.

Ariel ; .... You're not a full but also full... Demi-god ?

" Yes. "

Ariel ; ah. That face. Kageya showed me . You're Essure.

Essure : I'm famous now ?

Ariel : no. Just kageya keeps an eye on nanalise. You've been hovering me the past few days. Why ?

Essure ; you're one of her good friends.

Ariel ; her ? Nanalise.?

Essure : yes. Just like to check if she's really...

Ariel ; dead ? I'd like to kill you. But you're half human. So I can't. It's against the rules.

Essure : because humans are feeble and weak ? I'm half a god too.

Ariel : I don't break half a rule. Unless it's really necessary. You will, die one day. Your fate is written like any human. Except after you die , you don't get to die like a human.

Essure: that's a foreword . How does , a god die?

Ariel : back to the elements.

Essure : so , nothing.

Ariel ; no second chances.

Essure : a strong moral god. You are like they say. The proud disciple of god kuroya.

Ariel : what do you want ?

Essure ; nothing else...

Ariel looked as he left " hm... He comes in here too easy."

Kuroya, izuya's elder brother comes in " it takes a lot for a demi-god to learn to just come in and go as he does. Must have had many practices. "

Ariel ; I heard usually it takes up to twenty to thirty times before the plane gets used to an unusual existence such as his.

Kuroya : I have one of those as my subordinate. He says he feels very uncomfortable and out of place at first. Makes me think... How many times has he been here ...

Ariel : I'll look into how much of a grip he has here.

Kuroya: don't use nazuya. Let's keep it quiet.

Ariel nodded then kisses onto his cheek " you'll wait for me at home today ?"

He smiled " ok ok. I'll come home early. Though... I'm surprised you didn't challenge him by saying- I can kill you even with human level magic"

Ariel : I lied about the he turned to nothing. I'm just waiting for him to die. I will get to judge him.

He laughed " so you're just bluffing to scare him ?"

She nods " how else would he go away. Annoying. "
________________________________

Azelin strokes his little bird's head with his finger . " Hey ! That's not for you !!"

" You're petty. "

Azelin snatches the cake from her hand " er. I'm letting you live here. Aren't I ? "

" Then feed me !!"

Azelin: what Divine told you, you told izuya yet ? Nanalise.

She sighed " no. I won't tell him "

Azelin : you force him walk down this road with you. Only in the end you reveal , he'll be angry at you

Nanalise: I tell him now , he'll be angry anyway. I have to go through with it.

Azelin: he will be more angry then . You didn't give him a choice.

Nanalise: to what ? Leave me ? Cos he doesn't like my choice ?

Azelin: To have time to part with you. You're going to die. Turn into nothing.

Nanalise: that's why I'm hiding here. I'm not going to do anything until I have to do... Something...

Azelin: you stubborn... You faked your death just to hide it out ?

Nanalise: ok. I didn't even meet god adamus until after I faked my death. I don't want to play the stupid Essure game as a human. So I faked my death.

Azelin : those people he destroyed. Your people. You don't care ?

She shrugged " my kids are down there. When the time is my right. A little influence here and there as a god. His organisation won't hold."

Azelin : This is also about the Five Cloaks isn't it ?

Nanalise: I've better things to work on.

________________________________

Izuya brought wine and sat down.

Azelin: no thanks. Not something I fancy. Bring walnuts next time though. My little birds like it. Ask what you want. How much did you hear ?

Izuya : you noticed.

Azelin : nanalise is dumb and distracted and oblivious around people she trusts .

Izuya ; she is going to die ? She met with the Divine ?

Azelin: and I almost thought you're as friendly with the Divine like she is.

Izuya : the Divine lets her call him god Adamus

Azelin: she was summoned while you were down there. He told her to go down there and use her human powers to correct it.

Izuya : which is ?

Azelin: destroy all god or demi-god taken countries.

Izuya ; he's the Divine. He can just smite gods

Azelin: so will the humans contracted to them.

Izuya ; why my nanalise.

Azelin: he promised you could live.

Izuya : that's not fair !! That's outright blackmail.

Azelin: he's the Divine. He can do that. And make you accept it anyway.

Izuya; then what's about this dying? She has gotten illness ?

Azelin: sighs.

Flashback ~

Nanalise: I will... die? By the end of this ... thing?

Adamus: die for me as my friend. Remember ?

Nanalise: you just blackmailed me to walk a route you predicted or you created.

Adamus: well, I have nothing else to exchange with a Trade god.

Nanalise: you could grant one of my wishes.

Adamus looked at her with sort of ....

Nanalise: You don't want to...

Adamus: I need you to walk down this route. I won't really want to destroy him.

Nanalise: why me?

Adamus: cos you are in the midst of it. Do it.

Nanalise: so I don't have a choice?

Adamus: not really.

End ~

Izuya: nanalise... she will die. Because the Divine said so. In doing this task.

Azelin: that's what the Divine said