68; Predicted Betrayal

Araki ; so I guess revenge can't really work here huh. Princess Eerei is dead...

Nana ; she exchanged her soul to keep you safe. That was her deal with me. I changed the conditions with her a little . That's why I made you the bow's master.

Araki ; she wanted to keep me safe ?

Nana ; I know you loved her. She never loved you back , but she definitely treasured you enough to do this for you.

Araki ; but she's dead how could you make a deal with her ?

Nana ; I can talk to the dead.

Araki ; oh... Did she say anything else to me ?

Nana ; I was curious too. Why she wanted you safe. If you weren't her lover.

Eerei giggles " no no. Not my lover. A very treasured friend. I'm afraid the upperclassmen or royalty bully him when I'm not there. Could you protect him ? When I'm not there . I'll trade you my soul. "

Nana ; that's what she said. A truly kind person. Traded her soul just for that. It's really rare. So I agreed.

Araki ; I see.... Thank you Miss Nana. For... Everything.

__________________________________

Bombs exploded hitting the building and the ones aside it. A few more comes and the entire building was now filled with huge holes. Smoke and ashes filled that street and Joy walks out of the building with Lent coughing.

Lent: what the hell ?

Joy ; this is a residential area in the city and we got attacked. Who the hell has this guts ?

Lent ; I'll go check.

Joy: be careful.
__________________________________

Nana yawns and returns back to the hotel " oh hi guys. Where's Tedine and Yui ? "

Zwei : they went out to do errands.

Nana ; oh...

Eins hands over a cup of tea and she takes and sips it " hmm... They're all out... Should I go shopping? "

__________________________________

Tedine ; stupid mama. Asking me to buy candies. She should buy these herself.

__________________________________

Yui was at the grocery picking out apples " apple pie for today ? "

__________________________________

Eins ; I'm sorry miss.

Nana : sorry for ?

The five of them all pointed their guns at her.

Eins ; they took all of our kids. They'll kill them if we don't kill you.

Nana ; so it has finally happened.

Drei ; what do you mean ?

Nana ; you all have children. You didn't think joy picked all of you with one common weakness only for us ?

They looked at each other and trigger their guns, but as their bullets flew , it reaches upon an ash wall.

The four of them recognise this magic " vier !!"

He stood in front of her " she's our Miss !! "

Drei ; our children are more important!! Don't you care about yours ?!!

Funf: its four against one. Move. Vier.

Nana : you think you guys are enough to go against me ?

Eins: please don't try.

Nana spits blood " ... Evergarden powder. Poisons the user whenever they're trying to use magic. "

Eins : I'm not sure what your magic is. Don't blame me. Miss.

Vier turned to look at her " Miss !!"

Eins ; please. Just die for us.

The four of them triggers their gun again. Vier made an ash wall to stop the bullets.

Then a slice cuts the wall into half horizontally, vier takes out a short blade and stops it . " Run miss... Window... Jump..."

Then vier spots drei coming from the left. He shoots at drei. Drei dodges the bullets.

" You try too hard vier. " Eins was on the right and puts a gun to her head " for someone who just pays us. " Eins triggers.

Vier ; miss !!

He watches the bullet go through her head .

The ash wall comes down. Funf keeps his long blade " it's over. Our kids will be safe. Just... Treat this like another job. "

Zwei ; I'll call them... Let me take a picture of proof of her death...

__________________________________

Neva : she's dead ? You're lying.

Astra : told you I can do it.

Neva : I don't believe you.

Astra shows him a picture on his phone . Neva takes a look " a shot to her head..."

Astra ; you'll make good to your promise ?

Neva : you want my sit that badly ?

Astra thinks for a while " no thanks. "

Neva : why ? You sounded like you wanted it.

Astra ; I don't want to talk to boss. He's scary.

Neva ; he's ok.

She died ? It can't be... That easy ? But she's a god ... So boss can be killed this way too ?