82: Let Me Offer Something You Want

Princess Yen was one of the four children the king of Zenoza had. She wasn't the most adored one but she got what a royal should had. Luxurious clothes, best education and a pretty heavy pocket money to use every month.

But besides that, she wasn't the king's favourite. Unlike her royal siblings who vie for power in the court, Yen didn't like at all any of that. 

"that's pretty" the female commented on the blue satin dress Yen was running her fingers through with. "Oh. You are interested in this one ?"

"Not my taste. Satin is all slippery. I like that one." It had a big black bow at the back of the red long dress. The ends of the ribbon almost reached the rim of the dress and had laces lining the sleeveless part for the arm and a lace for its collar.

Yen: oh. That kind.

" wuu. I got distracted. You are getting married right ?"

Yen: I would hope so. 

"hope? Everyone is talking about it." the female goes over to take the pearls and walked back to the dress and placed it to see" old. Hmm..." 

Yen: are you buying that dress?

The female comes back with a green crystal carved flower and placed it together with the dress " there we go. Hostile." Then looked back at Yen " so. Hope. This means your father or the almighty king of this country have other plans for you huh."

Yen: .... probably.

" I always get what I want. Ok. Mostly . Some people keep doing what I don't want. As a princess, that should be the same for you. That was the expectation right?"

Yen: from others. I am not exactly the favoured princess. My father sighs....

" your father thinks royalty is a privileged identity and you squander it by not taking advantage of it. Bullying others by saying I am royalty do this and this. I am royalty , I deserve this and this."

Yen: you know well. Who are you ?

" I said. I always get what I want. What if I help you get what you want ?"

Yen: what do you think I want?

" Firstly, this dress and necklace. Excuse me ! Ring up please."

----------------------------------------------------

Neva knocks onto the door and enters the room "yes. Boss."

Essure: the Brandin thing.

Neva: Takes a bit tinkling. King isn't too happy with the idea that his daughter wants to marry a merchant.

Essure: er, head of merchant association. Very very rich guy. Not to mention his whole country thrives on it

Neva: siblings are threatened. They said some things about how they have a better candidate. Another prince.

Essure: Just when you think this world has been taken over with governments already. 

Neva: there is still a few monarchies left. If it's a government, we wouldn't have chosen Zenoza either.

Essure: I know. Ugh. You can handle this ?

Neva: shouldn't be too much of an issue. We are The Vines. We slip in through the cracks even the tiniest.

-----------------------------------------------------

Rose's moving cottage had arrived back at Evergarden Town. Her moving cottage and its shabby sign that said 'Apothecary's cottage' came to a stop.

Rose: I will wait for you here.

Ruin: doing this for the money. Doing this for the money.

Rose: it's just a trip ! 

Ruin knocks onto the door of the church " Hi. Looking for Mr Elliot."

" Oh. Not for our priest. I will go ask him."

Ruin: oh no need. Just help me give him a message. Apothecary's cottage. 30 kilometers west from here. Er, too technical. The little forest outside the bar. A little further down from the bar. We're stopped there. 

" ok... I will let him know."

------------------------------------------------------

In the evening... several knocks come to the cottage. Rose opens the door " nice to see you again. Mr Elliot."

Elliot enters the cottage and takes a seat " there wasn't a cure the last time you were here. You found one yet ?

Rose: nope. Got by with some of your cells. Did some research. Didn't help.

Elliot: some of my cells... ?

Rose: not important details.

Elliot: so you're passing by just to say hi ?

Rose: not exactly. I am a excellent apothecary, but I know someone better. I like to introduce you to her.

Elliot : I don't think there's anything that could cure me anymore. A curse is a curse. I refused to believe but I guess some things will not tolerate resistance.

Rose : I think you're just not using the right way.

Elliot: this friend. She's better in skills than you ?

Rose ; I mean , what's the harm ? The curse causes your body to weaken in such a rapid speed. The last time I took a look at you , your organs weren't failing. And I bet you've tried replacing them.

Elliot: and it didn't work. It recovered to the same level of state to before I took the replacement. Curses.

Rose : then there's no harm seeing my friend. Living past 40 or not. It's just a meeting.

Elliot takes some time to think " you took a check on me. You know my curse wouldn't let me pass 40"

Rose : I was really curious. How about it ? Let my friend offer you something you need.