55: The Bow Chooses A New Master

She had reached the borders of Esperent in the car drove by Allison. Her five guards sat in two separate vehicles , one in front and one at the back.

Allison: we're finally here.

Nana: it was a nice one week road trip. No ?

Allison: there are teleportation gateways we could took in that town. Why did we have to drive ?

Nana : I like the long way round. Slows down time for me to actually start doing something

Allison: procrastination?

Nana : hehe. Yup

The first car had entered and their car rolled up to the window at the small counter.

" passports. "

Allison presented hers . " miss... "

Nana rolled down her window " Nana Hailarose. "

The guard nodded. Then stamped onto Allison's book and passed it back. The guard let the both of them pass. Allison drove further in " you don't need a passport ? "

Nana : Esperent is one of the places I set up shop for my organisation. It's because it's that guard , so I don't need a passport.

Allison: huh ?

__________________________________

Nana makes Allison stop the car on a street side at one of a street shop. A tent street shop. She enters and finds a seat next to Pinlana.

Pinlana : Miss. Didn't see Allison.

Nana ; car driver.

Pinlana : I see. Juliet not taking care of you ?

Nana ; Allison will have to do. What have you found out while you were here ?

Pinlana: I couldn't get close enough to Count Hercula. I couldn't extract any information. But his known history I could track is in this file.

Nana ; um.

Pinlana: also... I caught some wind... *Whispers.....*

Nana : I know. I've noticed.

Pinlana : I see. As long as Miss knows . Oh. Could I see the bow ?

Nana ; Araki is being it's bodyguard. If you could have him listen to you, sure.

Pinlana sighs " wet blanket."

Nana: Yui seems to be taking a bit long. Does he need help ?

Pinlana : nothing I can help using the Book Keepers archives. Extracting information, strategy war. Tedine probably does it better than me ?

Nana ; mmm... Ok then.

Pinlana : there are other things I think you'll need. Anything else ? Miss.

Nana : nope. You can leave now.

Pinlana : got it. Good luck.

__________________________________

Next she checked into a hotel. This time , not in a suite. Everyone merely stayed 2 in a room all , next to each other.

Eins : I insist one of us shares a room with you Miss. We can sit on the chair to keep watch.

Nana ; do whatever you want. *Yawns* Tomorrow will be a long day.
__________________________________

The next morning reached quickly and Nana spoke one to one with the bow.

Angelica : god nanalise. How may I serve you ?

Nana : I said already. I don't need to use you. Instead , I want you to bind with Araki.

Angelica: why ? He is not strong enough.

Nana : your previous master , princess Eerei. She wanted araki to come to no harm. Be protected.

Angelica: that is your deal I believe.

Nana : I changed the deal. She was ok to have you protect araki. So I'll make araki strong , you bind with him.

Angelica: why is that important to happen ?

Nana : I'm not an Esperent. Not recognized as such in this plane. I have to return the weapon, you, to royalty. But.... I don't want you to be binded by a human I don't know.

Angelica; I see. And you already made Araki owe you one. You are sly, god nanalise.

Nana ; don't be like that. It's good things go my way. Araki is a good human don't you think ? Putting his powers now aside.

Angelica: ..... He's very suited to be an assassin. With my abilities.... We could kill many unnoticed.

" that's the way. " nana smiled " I take it you agree then. "

Angelica: how will you make him strong ?

Nana : not your business. Now , turn back.

Angelica nodded and turned back into a bow.

Vier was on shift and saw the whole thing " you're crafty for a... "

Nana : for a little girl ? Go call araki for me.

__________________________________

Araki : but ...

Nana : it's ok. The bow said it's ok.

Araki ; but I'm not strong enough.

Nana takes out a test tube " drink this. It will make you strong enough to hold the bow."

Magic capacity enhancement potion. Usually it's very hard to make cos of the materials. One small vial of this is a fortune in the market. It's multiplies by one. As for mine, it multiplies by ten. 2 souls just for this. Haha. Costly.

Araki : this is... ?

Nana : magic capacity enhancement potion. Increases your capacity for holding magic. Your ability is fine. You just have low capacity for generation and keeping magic.

Araki : oh. This makes it bigger. Are you sure ?

Nana : it's a fortune. But I need you to drink it. It's my deal with Eerei.

Araki ; alright. *He downs it.*

Nana : you ok to bind with him now ?

The bow kept quiet.

Nana ; pick it up.

The bow turns into a more elegant shaped bow with glowing gold colour

Nana : it chooses you.
__________________________________

Juliet ; the police is here. Mr Joy.

Joy ; let him in.

So Juliet guides the policeman in. Joy closes his book " hi. Erm.... ?"

" I'm Bardoes. This is my partner Helmoros. " he takes out his badge " we're from S.I.Q. "

Joy ; Special Investigation Quarters. This did blow big.

Bardoes ; you're one of our suspects that killed the assistant of the ambassador of Esperent . Mr Hiers.

Joy ;why am I a suspect ?

Bardoes : your car passed by the location of death at the similar timing.

Joy : coincidence.

Bardoes :the ambassador believe you have a different motive.

Joy ; unless you can prove I did it. You have nothing. Made a wasted trip. Sorry for that.

Helmoros : you think you're above the law ?

Bardoes held his partner back " Helmoros. "

Joy ; I don't think. I just know how the law works.