Ch 43. The Aftermath

Back to the current reality, inside Scott's room, everybody is speechless after Scott admitted the truth. Some doesn't believe it yet are too scared to speak up. Others are suspicious, yet it makes sense with Scott's previous actions. Scott looks tiredly at everybody. Most of them were dead in the timeline he was in. How many will die this time? How many lives did he get killed thanks to him? He was supposed to prevent Y/N to get the Phoenix, yet, he failed.

"If you're speaking the truth... and I mean it." Logan sneers at Scott. "Then why didn't you do what you were supposed to do? You knew all this was going to happen... You could've ask someone for help... You could've avoided this..."

"I just... I just-" Scott avoids looking at everybody, ashamed of himself. "I thought I could've handle this alone... I thought I could've save Y/N and Jean..."

"But you didn't." Logan responds, his hands getting clutched. He is holding himself back to get Scott and give him whatever he deserves. He stares at Scott, his eyes watery. "I want you to stay the fuck away from Y/N...!" He turns around and storms around the room.

Scott slightly looks up. His friends, Bobby, Kurt, Rogue and Kitty look at each other. Kitty is quietly crying, Bobby and Rogue look hallow, and Kurt merely looks down. Eventually, Bobby looks straight in Scott's eyes. His empty eyes turn into hate. Afterwards, he put his arm around Kitty and the two walk away. Rogue and Kurt follow along after a second of contemplating.

Kurt wonders about what Scott said about the Inner Circle. He remembers his mother mentioning them. She was being chased by them years ago, in which he disappeared, as well his older brother. He wonders if there is a connection between this and the situation.

That leaves Charles, Ororo, Hank, Piotr and Remy, the last on wondering where his part was in the story, since Scott never even spoke his name in the story.

Piotr doesn't have the energy to react, yet he feels anger at Scott and sorrow for Y/N and Jean. Like Logan, he merely leaves the room.

Ororo is the next to leave, not knowing what to think. All she thinks about the loss she, her friends and family are having, as well thinking how things will turn out. Surely, things won't be the same again. She heads to her room to reflect on things.

Next up is Hank, feeling the same as Ororo. He doesn't want to reach any conclusions, yet he feels like all of this could be avoidable if Scott just did what he was ordered to.

Remy is the next one to leave. Unlike the rest, he doesn't feel as emotional as the rest, yet still he feels sorry for Y/N and Jean.

That leaves Scott with Charles. It takes a lot for Charles to get distraught, and Scott reached that level. If he was in a better state, he would've talked to Scott, trying to clear the air, trying to get things better, however, what Scott did, he doesn't want to get bothered by Scott... at least for a while. He leaves the room, leaving Scott by himself, who continues to cry quietly, now all alone...

-

Back in the infirmary room, Charles is sitting beside his son, who is sleeping peacefully. He isn't sure how he's going to tell Y/N the truth. He wants to tell him and not hide it, yet it's difficult to say that he's bearing a dangerous entity that unleashed in another timeline and manage to kill many of the people he loves, as well for millions of people.

Charles put his hand on his son's, holding it. Suddenly, he hears Y/N quietly sighing and slowly waking up. "Y/N...?"

"Father...?" Y/N only opens his eyes a little before closing it. "What... happened...?"