Ch 70. Seashore Bloodbath

Before landing, the group sees Steve standing on the lone beach, with the lush rain forest behind him. Clear blue water can be seen with the bright clear sky. Besides Steve is his parked jet. Like Y/N requested, he isn't wearing a helmet and have no weapons, except his shield which is on his back. Y/N made sure to read his mind. Like he promised, Steve is alone and not tracked, at least as far he knows.

With the coast clear, the Blackbird flies towards the beach. The exit opens and everybody is prepared to jump out of the jet and into the water. Before he jumps, Y/N walks over to Hank who's flying. "You know what to do." Before going, they discussed that Hank should stay behind in the jet and hover around the area. Just to be sure.

"Will do."

Y/N is the last one to gets off the jet. He can feel the water upon his knees. With the entire group, back in their suits, they embark upon another mission. Hopefully this time without a fight. Y/N leads them to the land, with Scott at his left side and Logan to his right.

"I'm glad we can speak."

"You better not pull any shenanigans." Logan is quick to threaten him.

"I'm not." Steve calmly replies. "I'm sure Y/N read my mind before landing."

"I did. I sense no ill will from you. I trust you will not hurt us, but I want to hear it from your own mouth what you want." Y/N requests.

"The past couple of weeks, I wonder if I was fighting for the right side. The way they treated your situation is beyond incomprehensible. This all could've been avoided if they look at things from your perspective. And I think in this situation, you're in the right."

"You do?" Y/N asks, surprised after all what happened, Steve still thinks so highly of them.

"I am. That is why I left SHIELD and the Avengers to do the right thing. Y/N, allow me to do the right thing and fight by your side." Steve lends out his hand for Y/N to shake it.

Before shaking it, Y/N reads Steve's mind again with haste. There is not a single lie in the words he spoke of. He truly wants to help him. Y/N gladly shakes Steve's hand. "It would be an honor to fight alongside you."

"The same applies to me too." Steve says with a soft smile. The two stop shaking hands.

"So we're going to have none-mutants to join us?" Pietro questions, not sounding so happy.

"Does that matter?" Wanda responds to her brother. "We need people that can fight. The more, the merrier."

"Besides, he isn't the first guy that isn't a mutant..." Scott points out.

Steve wants to reassure to the group that he's an alright guy. "I know I'm an odd man in the group, but I hope we can work together regardless."

"So that's where your loyalties lie." Everybody looks surprise to see Hawkeye joining the scene. Steve quickly turns around with his shield equipment as Hawkeye aims towards him. He still wears the helmet Tony made. "Should've guessed you turned traitor."

"I knew this was a trap!" Pietro complains.

"Oh, don't worry. He wasn't aware." Clint spat out and looks back at the group. "Hands up where we can see them." From the bushes, other SHIELD agents reveal themselves. To the right of group, they see Captain Marvel ascending from the sky, prepared to fight. To their left they see Thor, doing the same thing. All of them wearing helmets.

"Why would you do this?" Thor is beyond confused why Steve switches sides. "I thought you were a man of honor."

"Because I have honor is why I join the X-Men." Steve responds.