Crowned 🥀

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that

After dinner we all moved to the court room. I suppose this is the place I get crowned. Jungkook took my hand in his and guided me there. I took my trembling steps forward as the anticipation was somehow scaring me. I stood beside Jungkook in front of the archbishop. Jungkook had given me a small description about the vows. They started the ceremony. The archbishop said the prayers as we both repeated after him.

The archbishop turned towards me. "Is your Majesty willing and able to take the sacred oath to uphold the laws and customs of the sovereign kingdom of Hanguk and to protect her against enemies without and within?" The priest asked. "I'm willing and able." I responded. "Then repeat after me." He instructed. "I, Katherine Clair Park..." He spoke.

"I, Katherine Clair Park..." I repeated after him. He continued. "Will rule with compassion, extending justice and mercy to all my people." He paused and I picked up the sentence again. He stepped aside and lifted the golden scepter from a velvet cushion. He handed me the scepter and I held it while bowing. "All this I have promised, I will perform as champion of my beloved kingdom and her people." I vowed.

"Now the person to be crowned shall sacrifice their blood for the prosperity and peace of this kingdom to be sustained as they rule." the archbishop said. What ? He didn't tell me about this ritual. I looked at Jungkook but he didn't seem to mind it too. "Katherine." His raspy voice called out. I flinched because of the impact of his voice on me. "Take the knife and cut the palm of your hand." He ordered.

"What! No- no!" I disagreed but that seemed to piss him off. "Either you do it yourself or I do it, which is definitely going to hurt more." He stated. What the heck is wrong with all these people?!... I lowered my head and decided to comply. It's better than him cutting my wrist off. I picked the heavy silver knife and brought the knife to my palm.

My hands quivered feeling the coldness of the metal. I closed my eyes tightly and decided to do it. I took a deep breath and pulled the knife through my palm. "Ahh!" the slashing pain hit me. I dropped the knife and held the cut with my other palm to stop it from bleeding but it didn't help. Jungkook forcefully guided my hand forward over a golden cup. My blood dripped inside the cup making the clear water inside, red.

He let go of my hand after that as I clutched my hands together because of the pain. "Now you may take the crown and place it over your head." Came another statement from the archbishop. I could feel Jungkook's burning gaze on me. I picked up the crown with my bloody hands and placed it over my head.