Unanticipated 🥀

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend

I walked further and found a steep end. "Wow...we're so high up." I said in awe. Before I could turn around and walk to the others, I was harshly pushed forward. I fell outward, off the cliff. I automatically turned my body to get some balance but in vain. I was falling, down the snow mountain, I couldn't think straight. Everything seemed so fast.

My eyes were now open all the way, like someone was prying my eyelids apart. I attempted to contort my body to a position where I could turn my head to see what was beneath me - or if there was anything beneath me. It just felt endless. I could now suddenly see my legs. They were rising, my two feet like two kites on my thin, wiry legs, slowly rising out in front of me and above my head.

There was my abdomen, splayed out ahead of me. I was unable to make out the edges of my waist because of the fluttering of my sweater in the wind, as I fell. Realization had dawned on me. I could feel nothing under me. Even the air was nowhere. My hands were flapping by my side - two noodles I had no control of.

My body was frozen and immobilized now. I felt someone's warmth against my body. "OPEN YOUR EYES, KATHERINE!" Someone screamed, I tried but I couldn't opened my eyes anymore.

Jungkook's pov

She said she'll be back in 5 minutes but it's been almost 15 minutes. Were has she walked off to? We all split up to look for her. Because of the wind, it's hard to trace her scent. "Ahhhh!" I heard her terrified screamed. I sped towards the area I heard her voice from. The cliff ?She fell off ?

I didn't have to think twice. I jumped from the end, tried moving towards her in the air. But she just looks she had passed out. I caught hold of her arm in the air. I hugged her tightly and positioned myself to land on the ground. I fell on snow still enveloping her frozen body.

"Urgh!" I groaned as I heard my bone cracking when I hit the stone beneath the snow. I couldn't move because my left leg was broken. I held on to her, close to my body. "OPEN YOUR EYES, KATHERINE!" I screamed.

My heart raced at the thought of losing her. My legs healed a few minutes and I ran as fast as I could. In a few seconds, we were inside the palace. I stormed towards our room and placed her on our bed. She moaned in pain when I slightly tapped her cheek.

I changed her wet clothes into a warm shirt and covered her with thick fur blanket. She had a fever too. I ran inside the bathroom and got a bowl with warm water. I dipped a small cloth in the water and placed it on her forehead. My eyes watered looking at her state.

Her lively eyes were swollen and closed. Her soft lips were dry and lifeless. Her hair sticking to her forehead. I caressed her cheek. "If only I had paid attention to you, you wouldn't be in this state." I mumbled looking down.