Dubious 🥀

It's hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it....

I walked into Junghwan's room, to meet his figure standing near the large glass window. "Junghwan." I called out. He wasn't ready to acknowledge me. I felt my patience wearing thin. "JUNGHWAN!" I yelled. He finally turned around with an uninterested look. "Wasn't carrying you all the way to the palace, enough for your highness?" He mocked.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned. "I neither have time for this shit nor for you. Get out." He spoke, sternly. "You are exiled." I proclaimed. His eyes widened a little but soon he obliged. "Take your things and get out of the palace." I warned him. I walked out of his room only to face Jimin, who was standing in the hallway.

"That's it? Exiled?" Jimin questioned in anger. "What do you want me to do ? Kill him?" I responded with sarcasm. "Yes." He replied. His hazel eyes met mine. A fire burning in his eyes. But I was oblivious to why there was blazing anger in his eyes. I looked at him, intrigued.

"Kill him. He fucking tried to murder you! He tried to kill the the King of Hanguk Kingdom. He should be gone for good!" He screamed. "Jimin!" I roared his name. "Lower your voice. You're talking to the King." I reminded him. "I'm sorry your majesty." He apologized. "I don't want to have a conversation about this ever again." I warned as he nodded in response. "Find a way to get to Katherine." I ordered, making him nod again. Walking to the window and sitting down on an arm chair, I lit a cigar and took a puff, blowing out the smoke. I rested my back as the smoke surrounded me, reminding me of how cloudy my thoughts are...

 I rested my back as the smoke surrounded me, reminding me of how cloudy my thoughts are

Kat's pov

I took my shaky steps ahead as I looked around frantically. I was barefooted; the twigs and thorns hurting me as I took each step. Though it was morning, the woods looked unusually dark. As I was walking, I heard some creepy sound that's coming from behind my back. The sound was getting louder and louder. But all I can see was woods everywhere.

I didn't know what to do, so I started to scream. I scream for help, but nobody came and then I realized that there wasn't anyone except for me. I started to run, but I felt like someone was following me. I turned around to see who was it, but didn't see anyone. As I was running, I entered a forest with trees filled with leaves of green. There was a stream with water running down underneath a fallen tree.

I move forward to drink water, but I see shadows. I continued my stride. I got deeper into the forest. There were no bird chirping and everything was still; the trees were dead and there was a mist surrounding me. Because of this I could hardly see anything in front of me, making me even more fearful. I quickened my pace with every step until I was running, the grass cracking under my feet.

As I stepped further, the forest grew darker and trees grew taller. Thoughts of a creature filled in my head, that creature wouldn't leave me alone. I saw there were many shrubs with tulips all on my path. The weird thing is that, those tulips were....black. The footsteps that seemed to follow me, kept getting closer. I ran faster to get away from whatever was chasing me.

I looked over my shoulder to check if someone's following me but I tripped on a branch and fell forward. Before I could comprehend what had happened, I was in a stream. I held onto a branch of a fallen tree that was emerged in the water. The water current was dangerous. If my hand slips, I'm a goner. Suddenly the water got colder, freezing me. I felt my body stiffening and my teeth chattering.

I looked around ; the water currents taking black tulips with them. I looked behind me, the place were the stream seemed to flow from. There were numerous black tulips and petals flowing in my direction. I felt someone's presence. I slowly but fearfully turned my head straight ahead. My breath hitched; a lump formed in my throat. It was....Jungkook. He had this sick smile spread across his face.

 He had this sick smile spread across his face

I felt nauseous feeling him this close to me. "If I can't have you, no one can." His raspy voice thumped in my ears. Suddenly his smile dropped. His cold, dead eyes peered into mine. Before I could react; he gripped my hand and pulled me inside the water. The reflected light got farther and farther away. I looked down.

The darkness I saw made me panic, as I was dragged down even more. I struggled to get out of his grip, losing more precious air. My chest was hurting badly and I could feel my heartbeat beat louder and louder. I desperately needed air. I kicked, and tried to get to the surface. I felt the air being sucked out from my body. No luck.

Everything started to hurt and my chest felt like someone stabbed me. Then, with my last strength, I kicked once more. My body didn't hurt anymore. I was not going to make it and I knew it. I was calm now. I thought about my dad. I smiled. Then everything went black.

"Katherine....Katherine!" Someone called out my name. I instantly opened my eyes and sat up gasping for air. I coughed and wheezed, greedily breathing in air. I slowly took in my surroundings. I was in my room, which Taehyung had given me. I looked at Eun-ji who had a worried face.

"You were murmuring in your sleep and sweating a lot." She said, her tone laced with concern. "I'm fine." I muttered, grabbing the water bottle from the night stand and gulping down some water. These nightmares are haunting me every night. Even after being away from him, he's still so close to me, suffocating me. These nightmares are slowly draining me. I sighed and smiled at Eun-ji, not to worry her.

I must have disturbed her sleep since it's only 3:46 am now. "Sorry for disturbing you." I apologized. "No don't apologize, Katherine. You're like a sister to me. I definitely don't mind. Should I stay with you tonight ?" She smiled. "No! I'm fine haha. Good night Unnie." I laughed trying to be cheerful. She gave a small nod and walked out, closing the door behind. I wish I can heal faster and go back to dad soon.

Hooowwwwddyyy! Hope you guys enjoyed. Stay tuned!

 Stay tuned!