Nowhere Near 🥀

The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.

"You?!" I exclaimed. He looked at me with a neutral expression. It's the guy I bullied. I didn't know what to tell him. "What's your name?" I asked. "Jimin." He responded with the same neutral expression. Before I could talk more I was cut off "Young master! Are you alright?" A butler came running to me. He checked me to see if I have any injuries. He sighed in relief.

His eyes shifted to Jimin. The butler's face wrinkled in disgust. "What is this filth doing in the palace!?" He accused Jimin. That's when I noticed Jimin's clothes. The shirt he wore had many holes and was covered in dirt. His shorts which also looked old, was torn off at places. He looked malnourished with his skin sticking to his bones.

The butler gripped Jimin's forearm and yanked him back as Jimin hissed in pain. I felt my blood boiling. "Let him go." I breathed. "But young master, this low life shouldn't be in the palace grounds. This boy-" He kept on talking shit. "I said..LET HIM GO!" I screamed. I felt my veins pulsating; an unknown power surged through me.

The butler looked like he had seen a ghost. "Master...your eyes-" he paused mid sentence. "I have to tell the king this good news!" He exclaimed and ran inside the palace. I looked into the pond. There I saw my reflection on the surface of the water; my eyes...they were crimson red. I thought vampires only acquire their powers at the age of twelve but I'm only eight. Jimin sneezed; probably caught a cold because he was also drenched while trying to save me.

"My name is Jungkook." I spoke. "I appreciate you for helping me." I added. I tilted my head up to him as he's a bit taller than me and extended my hand. "Friends?" I asked, hesitantly. Just as I hoped, his hand grasped mine. "Friends." He repeated with a smile. His eye smile warmed my heart.

Flashback end

I later found out that Jimin's mother was one of the servants and father was one of the soldiers. His father abandoned his mother and him, when he was 4 years old and Jihyo was two. Since his mother was a human, that made Jimin a half-blood vampire which is a lower rank than humans. The half blood is weaker than humans because the weak recessive traits of humans are prominent in half bloods. His mother had no choice but to bring him and Jihyo to the palace while she works because they had no home. He was mistreated and bullied by the others in the palace.

When I grew up and possessed more power; I made him my minister which gave him the respect he deserved. I had given him the family ring which prevents vampires from turning into ash in the sunlight. So that he could walk freely in the sun. But I didn't need the ring because I was apparently blessed with great powers, not my words, it was the advisor's.

My train of thought was cut off when Jimin called me out. We went to the horse stables and got on our horses. "Ivory, you ready to go?" I asked my horse. She neighed in response as I yanked the reins indicating her to move forward. Jimin's horse was led to another portion of the forest as I led mine in the opposite direction. I pulled the reins, causing her to pause abruptly. I looked around the forest.