Relief 🥀

When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow

When you light a candle, you also cast a shadow

I woke up after a good night's sleep. The cut on my palm was getting better. I think this pain is better than him raping me again. I couldn't think straight and my head felt heavy. But I didn't wanna stay in this room either. So I decided to take a walk in the palace garden.

By the time I walked to the garden, the sun had started to go deep down into the ocean, making red and orange strokes in the blue sky just like a skillful painter who made this beautiful sky, a canvas. I looked at the flock of birds migrating to elsewhere for better life and happiness. When will be able to fly to my freedom?...

It was getting dark so I decided to get back inside the palace. I walked back to the palace taking my steps lazily. What terrified me is that I heard someone's footsteps following me. I turned my head and looked around frantically. Maybe I am just paranoid. I shrugged my shoulders and I started walking only to hear the footsteps follow me again. I started picking my pace up but I heard the person running too. I ran for my life but was caught by someone.

I tried screaming but a palm covered my mouth, preventing me from doing so. My eyes bulged out feeling the muscular body of a man against mine. I tried wiggling out of his hold but nothing was working. "Stop struggling Katherine..." the guy whispered. Wait I know this voice.

It is similar to.... "It's me, Taehyung" he whispered against my ear. He slowly took his palm away gesturing me not to make any noise. I turned around and pushed him to a corner so no one would see us. "What are you doing here??" I whisper-screamed. "I am here for you..what else?" He stated. My heart skipped a beat.

"I knew you were taken against your will. And here I am...I will take you from here." I gave him a bone crushing hug. He hugged me back with the same intensity. "Come on now. We have get out of here." He stated taking my hand in his. He looked into my eyes for a brief moment. I could swear I saw some affection in his eyes but it was gone soon enough. It was replaced with concern. "Don't worry....lets just get out of this hell hole." I ensured him. We moved forward carefully.

I saw that there were many guards in the palace grounds. "How are we going to get past them ?" I whispered. "What we are going to do is- You will go through the hallway and go into that room only to come out looking scared. You will call the head guard to check the room because you were afraid of an intruder. I will take him out. Then leave the rest to me." I nodded at him and decided to trust completely him for once.

I did what he asked me to. I pretended to look terrified. The guard came inside to check. Tae hid behind the door and snapped his neck as the guard stepped into the room. Tae dragged him to a corner and started removing the guard's clothes. "Hey ! What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed slightly. He made a disgusted face and responded "Definitely not what you're thinking about." I side eyed him and turned around, waiting for him. He whistled, indicating me to look at him. I.am.speechless.