Chapter 8:- Pasts.

“Your father is in Mexico, in the hands of some bad people.” I sighed “He's in a cell... I put him there.” I said.

She rolled her eyes and said,–
“Do I look like I care? Even if you kill him tomorrow, it won't be a big deal for me.” she exhaled as she said –“He deserves it anyways.” she looked at the sky as she laid on the couch.

“Can I ask you something?” her eyes were on the stars while mine were on her.

“Yea?” she said slowly.

“Why do you hate your father so much?”

The question created a huge silence between the two of us. She laid on the couch with her fingers interlocked behind her head. She took a big pause.

“So you want to know huh...” she looked at the sky while saying this.

“Yes. If you're comfortable?”

“Alright.” she took a deep breath before she started.
“Violent towards my mum. He used to beat her with a damn stick...
I would sit in my room, ears covered and I would cry to my mom's screams...
Swear to God she tried her best to bottle up the pain... But she just couldn't...
After my school one day, I saw her body hanging to the fan... My heart shattered man.”

She got up and dug into her bag and took the wallet out. A tear drop rolled down her cheeks as her hand shivered towards me, handling me a note which said–

I'm so sorry baby, I just can't handle it no more. You are very strong! Promise You will take care of yourself. You better know that your mama loves you even if she isn't here. I love you Viviana.

             Goodbye, sweetie... ’

I folded the paper and kept it in my pocket. I stared at the ground with my eyes closed; feeling the pain she had been through. I can't even imagine how she felt man. This woman was very strong compared to any other women I've known. I heard a slight sob escaped her lips. I had nothing to do but to comfort her. I'm very bad at it but I thought to give it a shot... I took a seat besides her.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry–” she said while wiping her tears off

“No it's totally fine to me... It's a safe place”. I did wipe her tears earlier as an apology, but how am I supposed to stop her crying now? Should I do it again? Then I got an idea. My hands were shaking but I still went for it. I don't know why I become so weak and soft around her. Anyways, I grabbed her little hand with my shivering hands.

“I'm proud of you.” I looked at her pretty eyes; hoping she doesn't think that I'm being a creep. Her crying stopped. YAS! She removed her hands from my grip and I thought SHIT. But then she grabbed my bicep and rested her head on my shoulder. I blushed.

I FREAKING BLUSHED GOD WHY?!? I'm a fucking mafia! I can't let a random girl make me blush. But she did man. I moved her hair from her face and flicked it back.

I admired her pretty face. Her eyes were closed so I kept staring at her. Her lashes, her lips, her hair, her jaw, her heart, her body, her skin; she was one of the most beautiful creations of God...

I patted her head. She released my bicep and rested her head on my lap. Aw shit. I felt her having goosebumps. I was having goosebumps myself. Her body became heavy and then I realized, she was totally asleep.

“Viviana?” I said slowly. She didn't respond. I called her name again but she still didn't respond. I had nothing to do so I watched her breathe slowly. She looked so gorgeous. She was without makeup but she still looked the most beautiful woman on this planet.