Chapter 15:- Decision.

The morning arose. I was sitting beside her on the couch with coffee in our hands; waiting for her friends to arrive. I took a sip and I asked,
“What's taking them so long?”

“Don't know, might be a traffic.” she replied and took a sip of the drink. Just then the door bell rang.

“Oh wow. Coincidence.” I said and I moved closer to her. I kept my hand on the couch behind her back and I kept my ankle on my knee.
“So are we pretending here?”

“Nope.” she replied and got up as her friends entered.

“Oh my god Viviana! How are you?!” the girl said and hugged her. Everybody hugged her at once. She just hugged them back; with a wide smile.

“We missed you.” they all said.

“I missed you too.” she replied and got separated. “How've you guys been? Take a seat.” she said and sat. Everyone took a seat. The atmosphere got serious just the next moment.

“So... What's your decision?” the girl asked.

“First off. Let me introduce, Pierce, these are my best friends. Ivy, Sam, Brad, and you know Ryan.”

I nodded with an attitude and I glared at them up and down.

“And guys, this is Pierce Gonzalez, my boss.”

I saw thier eyes widen at her statement. I shot an evil smile and I said,
“Must've heard 'bout me, innit?” and took a sip.

Ivy's lips quivered as she said, “Y-yes. Definitely. Heard a lot about you and Diamante Nero... Nice to meet you Mr Gonzalez.”

I took a sip with the a brow raise as I said, “I like her.”

“Well, now we should continue.” Viv said. She looked at me all of a sudden and said, “Pierce, you have to leave.” she leaned back and whispered.

“Why though?” I asked confusedly.

“Please understand.” she placed her hand on my thigh while she whispered. Well I said okay to that. Then she made me aware of something. She whispered again,

“And most importantly; If you see your door slide open when you sit on the edge of your bed, I'll be there for you.” she smiled; didn't last long, “But if you hear heels across the hall to my bedroom; I'm sorry Pierre...” she said and looked at both of my eyes with pity. Her hands moved from my thighs to my biceps. She was apologetic in her eyes.

This made me very clear whom she'll be choosing... I stared at her eyes because this might be the last time we were this close. I want this moment to last a little longer but I guess we've got some noses which don't belong here. I was mad, angry, sad all at the same time. I hate when I have mixed emotions. I hate when I even have emotions. I glanced at her before I removed her hand from my bicep and walked off from that place. I rushed upstairs and into my bedroom.

Yeah I did sat on the edge of my bed as she mentioned. She knows me. My head rested on my hands while my nerves were popping out. I was anxious. There was no way she'd choose DN but I still had hope. I don't want to end my story here. I couldn't do anything except thinking and thinking about what can be done. When I wrote ‘The day she walks out is the day I'll be in ruth’
I wasn't lying.

A good half an hour went by and I was still in my thoughts; moving here and there anxiously. What's taking her so long. Yeah, I've left a couple bodyguards down there so no problem. But still.

I finally sat on the edge of my bed again;  my legs were shaking because of the anxiety. I rubbed my palm on my face and brushed my hair back and when I opened my eyes; I saw her standing at a distance with the heels in her hand, a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. I stood up and my ears moved back in shock.

“I can never choose anyone above a man who didn't feel embarrassed to carry a girl who wasn't even around his status, in his arms when she was miserable.” she said with a smile as a tear drop rolled down her cheeks.

My heart pounded at great pace.
“Y-You chose me?” I stuttered.

She nodded with a smile and threw her heels on the floor. She broke eye contact as she ran towards me and buried her face in my chest, hugging me tight. She cried in my arms. I hugged her even tighter and patted her back. This is what I wanted. This is what I needed...

“It's okay. You're very strong.” I said in order to console.

We separated and I brushed her hair back. I smiled as I wiped her tears,

“I'm proud of you.” I said. She nodded and got away.

“I was pretty tough because you know, twelve years. But I did the right thing. Didn't believe Ryan would turn his back at me as well but, can't expect good from people these days, innit?” she said.

“Told you. This generation's fucked.” I said and I folded my hands.

“Yeah.” she nodded. “Guess I'll go fresh up a bit, then we can continue our work.” she said and moved back.

“Alright. See you in a few.” I said and she left.