Chapter 40:- Business.

15 minutes into the dinner, we were having a good conversation. Talking about a lot of things at once.

Between the conversation, I would just take a strong glance at Pierce realizing that he is a man of a family. He loves to be around people who makes him feel himself. I never saw this side of him untill we were close...

“So Pierre, how's the Mafia going?” asked Mr Gonzalez.

“Good. Been the best since Viviana got in this; she's a big help for me.” his hand was on my thighs as he said these. Rubbing them up and down, making me take deep breaths... And he gave me a gentle; evil smile. I knew what he was up to. I gave him a smirk and we continued the conversation and the dinner.

Everything got over, we were in the bedroom in our comfy clothes, about to sleep unless; Pierce got a call from an unknown number. He was confused because he's personal number is only shared to VIPs.

“Hello?”

“Ahh... After a long time Pierce...” said the man from the other side.

The way his ears moved back looked like he knew that man; very well.

Pierce froze for a moment.
“Sure thing, brother. How are you?” he opened.

I was puzzled. I walked up to him, listening his conversation.

“I've been great; really great.” the man mumbled happily.

“Looks like someone's freed from rehab I see.”

This sentence made me sure who that man was and I stood speechless staring at Pierce. We're screwed ecod in my mind.

“Yes... All fit and well. And how about you?”

“Great as well...”

“Good...” the man paused. “You see Pierce, we all make mistakes right?” he continued.

“What do you want, Luca?” Pierce asked out of irritation.

He ignored it anyways. “I made a few too... As a rich kid from a wealthy mafia family, it was obvious I was going to get spoiled in the green.”

“I don't want to hear about anything from you. I'm on a vacation so let me be.”

“Oh is that so? Then you must be in Venice, watching outside admiring the moon and the water with your loved one?” Pierce and I looked at each other in amazement.

How did he know?..

“Yes no need for another stupid question like 'how do you know' because everyone knows how busy Pierce Gonzalez is. And a vacation? He would never enjoy alone right? Or does he even enjoy life? I doubt that.”

“I fucking asked what do you want?!"
He grew aggressive.

I heard a chuckle through the phone. He sighed before he said-“I'm all fit and fine now. Give me back my mafia, you don't belong here.”

Pierce calmed down. He thought and replied. “I won't. I did everything I could for years to build Diamante Nero and I would not simply hand it to you.”

“You're not a Bernardino, Pierce. I hope you remember that. You were only appointed for the time I took to recover. Now I'm freed, I will take my Mafia back; no matter how far I'll have to go to get it.”

I dont want this fucking conversation through the phone. Be a man, come out and meet me after the vacation. You, me, and Fernando, a meeting this Friday, conversation's over.” he hung up the phone and started running his fingers through his hair in frustration. I comforted him as much as I could. I hugged him and he buried his face in my chest as he muttered-

“I know they're not in good terms with each other but he is still a Bernardino; still his own son...”

“Stop sabotaging yourself Pierce I want to see only you handling Diamante Nero... You know very well if he gets the mafia back, he'll screw up his responsibilities again.” I muttered in his ears moving my fingers through his hair.

“And if doesn't, we'll be dead Viviana.” He looked up at me. “You don't know Luca. He's a psychopath he can do anything to get his position back.” his head rested on my chest again.

Took a long breath before I asked. “Oh if Diamante Nero is so dear to him, why'd he let it go at the first place?”

Pierce's Pov:-

That sentence just hit me hard in my chest. I just laid down and I sighed “I don't know.” her hands were still in my hair.

I looked up at her eyes and I said-
“No matter what I have to do, how far I have to go, I'll never let anyone hurt you; I promise.”
I didn't say this; my heart did.

She smiled with her eyes moist already and she kissed me.
“I love you, Pierce.”

“I love you too.” I replied.

We were already tired and this call made the situation even more frustrating. I didn't notice when my eyes closed and when I was asleep. All I remember was that I was laying on her chest and we both were just admiring the moon; in a complete silence. Not talking no chatting, just the two of us looking outside. Through the trees and breeze the moon peeked...

I knew at the exact moment; our days are about to get difficult...