Chapter 44:- Awfully...

A few weeks went by...

I was standing by the fireplace, decorating the tree in Pj's. Pierce came up to me with a lengthy list and started naming everyone.

"Arthur, Justin, Maya, Sally, and Patitia; everyone is checked from the department A... They have been sent gifts according to their families and needs." he said looking at me.

I hung the last bell and got down from the stool. "Great! Now let's go get changed, we have a flight in 20 minutes." I said and we walked away.

Next thing you see we've put on some warm clothes and we were heading to our car with some gifts with us.

We got in and drove straight to the airport... We got in the plane and we were ready for our 24 hour flight...

After the flight...

Flight was great, we watched a movie, slept, ate and got out. Then we drove straight to the hospital.

"Oh God I'm so happy..."

Pierce smiled at me, "Me too." he said and grabbed my hand as we walked upstairs to Ryan's and Lilly's room.

Me and him faced each other,
"Okay... 3, 2, 1" I unlocked the door, "MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS!" me and Pierce screamed together.

They both had a jumpscare.
"JESUS! Merry Christmas to you too, but from now onwards, give us some hints please." Lilly said catching her breath.

"Isn't Christmas tomorrow?”

“It is but he have to fly back again.”

“Oh okay then, Merry Christmas Viv, Pierce..." Ryan said as I leaned to hug him. We hugged both of our friends.

"How was the flight?" Lilly asked.

"Ahh it was awesome." Pierce replied.

I bent down to open the big bag for the presents. I pulled out two boxes,

"Surprise motherfuckers!" I yelled.

"No way!" they both said in astonishment.

"So sweet of you guys thank you!" Lilly said as we handed them their presents.

Ryan started unwrapping, "Although we don't have anything for you two honestly, sorry." he said.

"Ahh c'mon bud don't apologize... You getting better would be the greatest present for us." I said.

They opened the present and there were 3 matching couple outfits from LV, Saint Laurent, and Gucci.

Lilly gasped  "Oh goodness! Thank you so much!" She said enthusiastically unwrapping the clothes.

"Undeserving of these gifts to be honest. Thank you so much you guys."

“You're always welcome...” a said with a grin across my face. “Well now we have to leave again, we're celebrating Christmas with Pierce's parents.”

Lilly frowned
“Aw man... Alright then, enjoy I guess?” lilly spread her hands for a hug and I leaned in to do it.

We hugged our friends and with a goodbye we left.

We took another 12 hour flight and reached Venice on Christmas Day.

Later on Christmas evening.

We were having the best time of our lives on God! Me, Pierce and his parents were talking about their highschool stories and I found it really interesting and funny and also sort of surprising that they have been a couple since 12th grade! Can you believe? Neither could I.

Later that night, when Christmas was about to end, we had our delicious dinner and we were in our comfy clothes ready to sleep. Me and Pierce were just talking when he realized in an instant.

“Oh shit.” he said.

My giggle stopped, “What?”

“Nothing... I just realized I didn't meet althea when I flew back.”

“Oh yeah, right. Well you can meet her on new years? We'll be celebrating it in Miami.”

“Yeah... But I missed Christmas.” he frowned.

I replied with a grin to cheer him up “Aw don't worry honey it wouldn't have bothered her too much.”

He looked at my eyes with an unreadable face which said that he was hiding something from me. He gazed my lips to my eyes. “I guess it would've.” he exclaimed with a nod.

A crease formed between my brows. When I was about to say further, a call caught our attention. Pierce's phone rang. We looked confused again. He went and picked up,
“Hello?” he asked.

A trembling, weak and stuttering drunk voice answered.
“You fucking ruined my l-life PIERE!” he yelled. Yup, it was none other then Luca Bernardino himself.

“Luca-”

“NO SHUT UP! I WAS AT MY FUCKING LOWEST AND YOU MADE MY FATHER; MY OWN FUCKING BLOOD HATE ME!”

“Calm down Luca it'll be-”

A gulp and a loud crash of a glass bottle was heard. “How the fuck should I calm down Pierce? How?” he sobbed. Awfully... “I'm dead for my own father... How come should I calm down?” he broke down.

I actually felt bad so I looked at him. Pierce just stood quite, speechless.
Both were not wrong but both weren't  right either...

Luca started laughing... “I've become stoic Pierce. I learnt it from my rehab.” his giggle stopped. “You taught me a lot my friend; but I will seek revenge. I will do the wild justice; AND I WILL, KILL YOU AND END YOUR FUCKING BLOODLINE. AND I SWEAR THIS TIME, I'LL CONQUER...”
And he hung up.

Me and Pierce looked at each other. He looked even more tensed. I tilted back and spread my arms, offering him to lay on my chest. He looked at me for a moment and he hugged my waist as he slept on my chest. We both looked out, quitely... But there was a lot in that silence... By a lot I refer to confusions, stresses, responsibilities, many more things. And I understood everything he was going through so I didn't bother him with my own thoughts.

He took a deep breath and sighed as his lips quivered, “I'm sorry Viv, for putting you through all of this... I'm sorry.” he said and buried his face in my chest.

I ran my hands through his hair. “It's okay honey; don't apologize. You know I'll love you anyway so going through anything doesn't bother me because at the end of the day, we'll always find a way back to each other”...