Chapter 39:- Happy.

“So what else is on the list Chris?” I asked enthusiastically pushing the clothes in the suitcase.

“Everything's checked. I also have to talk to Pierce about his stuff and -the raw goods to be tranported. He loves to take risk Oh God.” he replied while emptying the glock. He looked at me in all of a sudden. “Hope you've signed the papers?”

I struggled to zip the suitcase. “Yes I did.” I grunted. “Phew” I sighed raising a brow at him. Chris cringed at my face and threw a water bottle at me.

“Can you be anymore disrespectful yeah?” I said drinking the water.

“Shut up.” he emptied the last gun and passed it to me.

I caught it and took a look. I nodded with a smirk. “Even though I hate you, I'm glad you're back.” I said to Chris.

“Haha funny. I missed bullying you too.”

We smiled at each other.

“So guys... Everything's good?” Pierce showed up.

I walked up to him and I pulled him for a kiss. “Thank you; for Venice.”

He smiled at me. “Anything for you my highness.” we chuckled. I looked back at Chris and he was looking at us with a cringe.

He walked out of the door as he said- “Get a room pal.”

“NO FUCK YOU CHRIS!”  I yelled with a soft chuckle.

It was a good time. Everyone was together, laughing and enjoying around... The old times were back; the good ones. And I felt it in every atom of my surroundings. I was once again, Happy.

Cut to, we landed in Venice from our private jet. I removed my sunglasses as I faced towards the sunrise. It was; beautiful.

We held hands as we walked towards our mustang secured by two porsches, front and back. The body guard opened the door for us and we got in.

I was peeking out the window the whole time, admiring how beautiful Italy really is... We stopped at a port. Pierce got out and gave me a hand to get out as well. I looked around and it was all water.

He smiled at me and showed me the way to a fancy looking boat. I smiled back at him and I said, “This is beautiful.” I hopped in. He followed me and we relaxed on the boat which was driven by an old Italian man. He had a sigar in his mouth.
   The old man and Pierce were having a conversation I didn't understand. I just kept looking at him trying to get something out of it. I gave up and started to look around. Everywhere there were beautiful houses, slums, apartments, gardens, plants. This place felt like heaven. I was mesmerised with the beauty until Pierce mentioning my name caught my attention. I looked at him and then the old man, he smiled and bowed before me. I didn't know how to respond to that so I did the same and they chuckled.

“What?”

“Nothing amore, keep admiring the place.”

Couldn't care less, I went back to my observation. After half an hour or so, we reached our destination; yes, another port. We got out of the boat and I thanked the old man in Italian which is- Grazie. Pierce smiled at me and we held hands as we walked towards another car, an old Mercedes. We got in.
“This was the first thing I bought for my parents when I got out of jail...” he exclaimed.

“Oh-.”

“Yeah. Never drove it or saw it... I guess my dad takes good care of it.” he smiled.

I nodded along. Another 15 minutes ride until we arrived before a HUGE bungalow. Beautiful garden, horses, chickens, sheep, trees, plants, flowers, bushes, berries... This was the best looking house all over the trip...

“This is gorgeous...” I said admiring the whole bungalow and when I looked back at him; he looked very nervous and anxious. I noticed it... I moved in front of him and I said,
“Hey... It will be alright okay? Trust me.” I said with a grin. “I'm here with you.”

He kissed my forehead but didn't smile this time. We walked towards the door. We stood outside the house. Pierce raised his hand for a knock but he couldn't. He was very hesitant. I held his hand firmly and I nodded to him.

He knocked... Nobody answered. He knocked again after a few minutes. Finally, the door was opened by an old Italian man who was waffling something I couldn't get. Probably cussing I guess haha!

There was a dead silence when they made eye contact. The old man was blew out by the sight of Pierce. He couldn't believe his eyes.

“Pierce?” asked Mr Gonzalez.

His eyes welled up as he nodded a yes. Without wasting another moment, he hugged his father... His father was so happy to see him; his face said that he waited for this moment his whole life...
His father couldn't wait any longer so he also called his old woman.
“Maria!” he yelled and I heard someone approaching the door. The lady was as shocked as her husband was.

“Mama” Pierce said and hugged her instantly.
They all were speaking in Italian so I didn't understand much, but all I know; they were overjoyed to meet each other.My heart melted. Oh what a sweet reunion...

After separating himself from them, he touched my back to bring me forward to them. He took my name so I guess he was introducing me. His parents looked at me with a wide smile on their face. I smiled back politely.

“Piacere, signor e signora Gonzalez.”
I spoke my broken Italian and they all laughed out loud. His mom hugged me.
“You're very beautiful.” we separated. “and don't worry, we can speak English.”

WHAT A RELIEF! “Thank God!” I said out loud. They chuckled.

“We've waited for this day since the day he left; I always knew that the reason for his return would only be a woman... And here you are my little girl.” his father said to me. I turned emotional. I don't even know when did my real father ever called me his little girl... He hugged me and I felt the touch of a real father, a real man; that never existed in my life...

“Come on darling, you all must be tired. I've made gnocchi.”

They walked in front of us and I held his hand. “I told you...” I said with a smirk.

“Thank you Viv, for always showing me the right path.” he said and kissed my cheeks. We made our way to the living room...