Chapter 18:- My way.

Pierce turned all red and I could see the rage in his eyes. He looked at me and pushed me away. He grabbed my father's collar and dragged him all the way to another base... I followed him from behind when my father's nose bled all over. He looked up at me from the ground, afraid and tired.

I felt absolutely nothing.

As we entered the base, a bearded and long haired Mexican guy approached us. Joyfully he greeted,
Ah amigo! Como estas–?”
(Ah friend! How are you–?)

No hay tiempo para eso Juan.”
(No time for that Juan.) Pierce replied in a hurry. Damn, his Spanish is good too. We head straight to the cell.

Juan looked pretty shocked at the sight of my father. Well, I greeted him back with a smile and then ran after Pierce. This place was just too unknown for me but I had to adapt. We reached the cell and the guards opened a cell for us. As soon as it slid open, Pierce threw my father to one corner. The guards locked my father's hands. I held Pierce back blocking his way.

“Pierce; Pierce look at me!” I said staring right into his eyes. His eyes were still on my father and he grew violent. His nerves were popping out and he was all heated.
“Hey. Look here!” I snapped in front of him. He looked at me and his breathing calmed instantly. His eyes took a close look of my face.
“Let me do the job; please.” I said slowly as I was frightened of his anger. His eyes looked down and he cooled down. I made him understand. He moved back and talked to one of the guards.

The next minute, they came back with a pistol.
I removed my jacket and handed it to Pierce. Then I took the gun and I thanked them.

I finally took a deep breath and sat on a chair in front of my father. I crossed my leg and the conversation begin.

“You tried to escape? For like the goddamn third time?” I cringed as I swung the glock around my finger.

He looked up at me exhaustedly.
“Please send me back home; daughter.”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I dropped my leg in a thud. “I'm not your daughter; never was!”

“Please?” he begged and sobbed in front of me. I had zero expression on my face. I had no feelings; totally numb. I scoffed and moved back.

“I'm sorry.” he apologised.

“Sorry for what? Can you bring mom back?”
I said and I stared at him without blinking.
“A sorry could never fix anything... I was 12.”

“Please! Viviana I'll give you anything you want and I'll never target your friends again. Just let me go!” he begged.

“I don't need anything from anyone.” I straighten my back. “Especially you.” I reloaded the gun and I asked, “Any last wishes, father?”

“PLEASE ! I BEG YOU! JUST LET ME GO!” he burst out in tears in front of me, trying to untangle himself.

I closed my eyes as the flashbacks flooded all over my mind. I gulped and I said,
“Mom used to say that too...” I crossed my legs again.

“You broke her arm, you hit her so bad in the eye that she almost lost sight... She took meds to stay alive for me!
She tried her best holding back the tears and the screams but she couldn't... She just couldn't. Because you were brutal... Brutal and heartless piece of shit. But she'd still wake up every morning, exhausted and bruises all over her body; and she'd still smile. She still did.” my voice cracked and a tear drop rolled down my cheeks.

“You destroyed her and killed her physically; every. Single. Day. That's a murder dad, not a suicide.” I said with my eyes welled up.

He sobbed in front of me. “I'm sorry Viviana. I love y–”
I shot him; right in his head. Slowly, I placed the gun on the floor and looked behind; with my eyes welled up. I saw a couple of people gathered. Pierce walked up to me and stood in front. Four of his fingers slid under my ear and he stroked my cheeks; wiping the tears away.