Chapter 23:- Lies.

I woke up next morning. I got up and glanced outside. It was a beautiful morning... The birds chirping, cold breeze. Like the rain just stopped.

I removed the blanket and walked outside. I yawned as I gazed the corridor; and she wasn't there, fighting with Chris or something. I went to her room. I was tentative to knock, but I still did it anyway. Nobody responded. I knocked a couple of times, nobody was there. I opened the door, the room was clean. I sighed as I shut the door. I went back to my room; cleaned it; got freshen up and drank some water. I stepped down stairs to the gym for some work out. I put on my headphones. As I got there, I saw her. Running on the treadmill. She was all sweaty; making me realise she changed her schedule to not match mine.

As I dropped the bag; she left. Without a word. Not even good morning. I think I deserve her silent treatment. I did things to be deserving of this behaviour.

I started working out.

After half an hour, I went to the dining room for breakfast. As I entered, she was all done. She left again; I watched her go. I sat alone at breakfast.

It was time for a shower and as I went across the floor, she was all ready and even started working. I saw her on the call and typing somethings with loads of files on her table. I sighed as looked down and went to my room. I took a shower and came back; fixing the watch on my wrist. She was working on the laptop when I stopped by. I leaned on the doorframe.

“You don't have to do it; you're not in a good condition.” I said slowly.

“I'll stop soon don't worry.” she replied, still typing.

Now what is that supposed to mean? Is she leaving the mafia? Or keeping the baby? Don't know. Pretty concerning it was.

“Well... check the cabinets.” I fixed my tie. She finally looked at me. Then she opened the cabinet as she took out two bags. One from Dior and one from Chanel. Yeah- I gifted her perfumes.

She dug into the bags as she replied expressionlessly;-
“Thank you.” she looked up and kept the bag where it was and went back to her laptop.

I looked down. I felt guilty but I left without an apology. I left the mansion.

I reached the base and saw everyone tired because of the Ball. Then I saw a man with the most enthusiasm. Fernando. He came up to me with his hands in the air.
“Hello Pierre!” he hugged me. “How are you son?” he asked.

I quickly changed my expression to act cool.
“Papa Fernando! I'm great how are you?” I asked back.

Fernando looked at me with a wistful smile. He blinked slowly and said-
“Come with me.” he said and walked to the cabin.

I looked around at my members,
“C'mon DNA'S! Good work, good work! Keep going!” I said in an energetic tone and clapped to make them motivated. I then walked away instantly as Fernando was already in the cabin. I went in and sat in front of him.

“Yeah? Fernando? What happened?”

He lit up his cigar and passed one to me too. I lit it up as well.

He blew the smoke as he asked-
“What's going on, Pierre?” he asked me.

I tried to act cool again. A crease form between my brows as I nodded-
“Nothing?” I said.

He smirked at me as he went-
“Kid... Stop. I know you.” he rested his elbows on the table. “What's bothering you?” he asked.

I sighed as I told him-
“There's this girl-”

His eyes widened just at this statement. He asked suddenly-“A girl? In Pierce Gonzalez's life?”

I nodded.