Chapter 37:- DAMN.

He pulled me close as the music started playing. We swayed around slowly to the music. We were happy but somewhere in the trenches of my core were the flashbacks of the last ball I had that I don't want to remember...
Trying not to remember them, I just smiled politely.

“I love your look tonight.” he said snapping the thoughts away from my head.

“Thanks to Cody I guess.” I said chuckling slightly.

We continued the dance. It was more than perfect. The slow music, us. Just us. Everything just blurs around when I see him. The whole crowd there and I can't hear anything except the love his eyes spoke...

It was going well untill there was a break for us to have a drink. All the mafia members grabbing themselves drinks and having some snacks. Me and him went up to the table chatting to grab something to eat.

“Oh hello there.” the woman said. I was unfamiliar with her but I felt I know her somewhere.

“Althea? What are you doing here?” Pierce asked her.

“You know her?” I whispered in his ears.

“Yes.” he said it out loud. “Well Viviana, this is Althea, a friend of mine and Althea, you know Viv. My girlfriend.” he introduced both of us. But Pierce having a female friend bothered me. And it was unbelievable that he had a female friend? How? He never talks to any woman. Whenever he does, it's on rare basis.

I was in some thoughts when she interrupted me by -
“Good to see you recovered Viv.” her hand reached out to me.

I looked down at her hand and then her eyes. “I don't shake hands” I said with a brow raise of ego.

“Oh-” she pulled back. “Well that's okay.” she smiled and went over to the table. She grabbed a bottle of whiskey. “Wanna have a drink you guys?” she asked.

“No thanks.” I replied and I grabbed his hand.

Pierce noticed my bad behavior. He glanced at me and then back at her. “Well I'll follow what she says of course. Good evening Althea.” we moved away leaving her alone.

“What's wrong with you Viv?”

This sentence shook me. I looked at him with my eyes wide, “What's wrong with me? Good Lord what's new with you mate? Female friend? Ever happened in Pierce Gonzalez's history? PROBABLY NOT.” I said with a grin on my face with turned into seriousness within a second. I lifeted my head up and folded my hands. “I'm jealous. Yes I am.”

Pierce snickered at my sentence and walked in front of me, face to face. He unfolded my hands and held them as he said,
“I would not let any woman come between us. If you don't want her; she'll not be here. Or anywhere between us.” he smiled at me and raised his brows at me.

This man surely is a fantasy. I blushed at his statement and went back. The crowd was wild and a funny fact, they didn't even know what the ball was for. They just came to attend it.

Haha funny until we couldn't find a place to dance. Sheesh the crowd won't let us take a proper step. Well Pierce did make a way for us, out of there.

“GOD WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT? Looks like even homeless people are around.” finally we made up to the second floor where no one was there.

He took a drink off the table. “Sure thing. Why did he invite this amount of people. GOSH.”

We rested our arms on the edge. Swirling the drink around I asked him with a sigh. “So... How's work going?”

He shook his head in disappointment as he took a sip.
“No so good. The French Mafia are interfering the Spanish one's.”