Chapter 20:- A bird.

I woke up to a knock on the door. I checked the clock and it was 5 pm. I permitted them to come in and the door slid open. It was Pierce. I got up instantly at the sight of him.

He shut the door and sat on the stool in front of me. “Hey... How are you feeling now?”

I had to act cool. “I'm good. Actually great... Yeah.” I said in a calming tone.

“Oh? Because I met Juan downstairs and he said you were throwing up.”

“Yeah I did. I figured out it was just indigestion, nothing else.”

“Yeah? Well okay. Are we still going to the ball?” he asked in a concerning tone.

I had to act enthusiastic- “Heck yeah! Of course.”

“Cool.”

I adjusted my blanket as I tilted back. “By the way, you said you'll reach at 6?”

“Yeah I came to see you...-” he confessed and I smiled “–Well come on, the weather is amazing outside.” he got up and gave me a hand. I grabbed his hand and I got up. I glanced out the window and the sky was literally pink!

“Wow” spilled out of my mouth.

He smiled at my expressions and nodded. We walked out of there holding hands. We went downstairs and I saw people. A lot of people dressed in suits and gowns and everything was decorated elegantly everywhere.

“They're here already?” I asked him getting closer.

“Yup.” he replied.

I felt shitty so I looked down. I was walking with Pierce Gonzalez in a fucking shirt and pants while everyone else were wearing Gowns and suits looking luxurious. Pierce looked at me when I was feeling embarrassed.
He chuckled as he tightened the hold of my hand and said, “You look great in that too. Don't worry about what they think. As long as you're with me, you are luxury.” he motivated me. I smiled at him.

We walked out of the mansion and people were there too. Hundreds of cars and limos were parked outside. Hundreds of body guards were all around. I rubbed my eye if I was dreaming and as my vision cleared; I was not. I still can't believe how far I've gotten through in just 3 months.

We finally found a place where nobody was there, and it was the backyard garden. I rarely visit that place but indeed, it was beautiful. I looked up when my hands were in Pierce's and I smiled at the sky.
“You feel good now?” he asked me.

“Yeah.” I closed my eyes while I was still facing the sky. A grin appeared on my face. I felt Pierce leaving my hand and I heard a thug behind me. I looked behind instantly when I saw him crash on the ground. I cracked up! Instead of helping, I crashed beside him too but he got up instantly.

“No no no! Don't lay here. There might be insects.” he said.

“I grew up between snakes and you expect me to fear insects?” I raised a brow at him.

“Okay I get it but I have something to show you. Now get up.” he said and I got up. “Just be right here, I'll be back.”

“Okay.” I replied and he took a run. I was just sitting on the grass enjoying nature when I heard his steps on the grass. I didn't look his way and then he sat beside me. I looked at him and wow! He had a HUGE bouquet of some ADORABLE flowers!

 I looked at him and wow! He had a HUGE bouquet of some ADORABLE flowers!