Chapter 33:- Win her back

Pause*

I drove back to the hospital after 5 hours. I had to make sure if Ryan was okay or not. When I got there, I saw doctors and nurses taking a final sigh after all those hours. I rushed to them,
"Are they alright now? Can I see them?"

"Yeah they're all good right now. You can go." doc replied.

"Thank you so much!" without wasting another second, I sprinted inside the room. I saw both of them lying on their beds.

"What on earth were you thinking Lilly? Why didn't you tell anyone?"

I leaned on the table next to her.

She looked at me with her eyes wide,
"Whoa, whoa! Chill! What happened to 'hello?' 'how are you?' Mr?" she replied irritatedly.

A breath escaped my mouth and I brushed my hair back, "You're right. I need to calm down." I took a seat between both the beds.

"So... How are you guys now? How'd it go?" I asked both of them.

"Felt nothing honestly... It went alright."

"Good." I turned to her, "And what the fuck was on your mind?"

She chuckled as she replied, "Why are you always rude to me?!"

"After what happened last time, of course why wouldn't I be nice to you? Now answer the damn question." now I replied irritatedly.

"Forget about it? The person who went through it forgot? Why are you so bothered? Well fuck that..." she sighed. "I just wanted to see her happy." she looked at me.

This was a relief.

"Well I have a bad news for you guys..." I pulled my chair more towards them.

Lilly tilted back, "Aw hell no! Who the fuck died now?"

-"Juan"

-"WHAT THE HELL?!?" They both yelled.

"Calm down! And yeah, he passed away this morning."

They both were flabbergasted.
"HOW THE FUCK?!" said together.

"Got shot by Emerald Scorpions, what do you expect?"

"OH MY GOD. Gonzalez you're unpredictable. I guess I need some time to heal from this shit." she said.

I made a disgusted face as I asked with all my pressure, "What the fuck did he do to you sucker?!"

"I MEANT THE TRANSPLANT!"

My expression rested into sarcasm. "Look who's more 'predictable' here."

She hit me up with an expressionless look. I stayed silent for a bit but then,
"Alright. I think I should leave now." I got up and placed the chair at it's place. The moment I was about to leave, Ryan stopped me.

"Pierce. Wait."

I turned around, "What's wrong?"

"Stay here for a bit." he said in a pretty serious tone.

I walked up to them with the chair and took a seat.
"What's up?" I asked.

Unpause*

They both looked at each other before he asked me,
"See I'm not seeing you as the biggest mafia of Miami right now, I see you as a friend at the moment. I am your friend at the moment. Man to man; you should try to talk to her bud."

These words of him made my emotions loose. I felt understood after a long time. I couldn't hide anything anymore. I sighed before I said,
"I tried... She doesn't want to hear from me anymore." I said with a voice that was trapped inside my chest struggling to escape, finally did.

Ryan looked straight in my eyes,
"You love her, don't you?"

I broke eye contact and faced down,
"A lot." my eyes welled up. "She entered my life at a very unexpected moment. Never did I think that a random bartender of my Mafia would be the biggest chapter of my life. I knew that I was getting attracted after our first task. I knew I was attached to her emotionally because she understood and listened to me every time when nobody else did. She is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I'm afraid on my life of losing her... When I mentioned beautiful, it was not just her outer beauty; it is her heart. Her heart's beautiful. And I want her everyday... But I also know she's not wrong to leave. I never gave her a reason to stay. I am the fault I know..." tears rolled down my cheeks. I finally opened up. I couldn't make a contact with my eyes that moist.

"Hey, look at me. Come here." said Ryan.

"I'm sorry, I can't."

"Stop it bro. I know what you feel and you are a true man for holding all that in for all of this time."

I looked up at them and I saw Lilly sobbing silently. I saw Ryan pointing to take a seat beside him.

"I'm sorry Pierce, this is just so emotional for a cry baby like me." she kept on sobbing.

I looked at Ryan and I went up to him. I sat on his bed and he got up to hug me. I was hesitant. He patted my back as he said, "Man to man brother." this made me comfortable. My face got a grin even though there was a flow of tears rolling down. "Man to man..." I replied as we separated.

The smile on his face turned into seriousness as he sighed and said that one thing, made my heart shatter.

"Let her go, Pierce."

I couldn't say anything further. Didn't have the potential to do so. The grin on my face, the sadness, the grief just disappeared. I became emotionless within a second. I wiped my damn face and got up, walked out of there and I couldn't care less to look back. Ryan didn't say anything wrong, it was my heart that couldn't handle the weight of those honest words.

My heart aches, I can never win her back.