Chapter 24:- Once Again.

*Pause*

I squinched my eyes in a questionable manner. I didn't understand what she meant.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She sighed as she said-
"Your work has lightened the burden on his shoulders. He definitely doesn't want to experience what he did before you. He's just threatening you."

I nodded in disagreement. "This is not threatening this is traumatizing, Clara. And-"

-"BOO!"

"OH GOOD LORD JUAN!!!"

Clara and Juan both cracked up at my reaction.

"This is not funny; Juan.." I got mad.

"Oh my gosh... Now c'mon let's meet our buddy." he said and gave a hand. I got up.

"Next time you're dead if you do this. I'll have some heart diseases because of you! Gosh!" I said while getting up.

"Don't worry I won't let you... Well I guess we'll see you soon Clara." he faced Clara while saying the last part.

She smiled. "See you soon!" she replied and waved at us as we were leaving.

We left from the garden and when I was going to the car with Juan; Pierce got out from another one. He paused at a distance as he saw us. I got closer to Juan grabbing his bicep at the sight of Pierce.

Gonzalez's POV:-

I stood at a distance; holding the flowers I bought to apologize. I watched her hands on his biceps and they looked happy... I put my hand back in my pocket as I looked at her. My eyes rested at a gaze of her. I sighed and I took a pause. I wanted to say a lot but I couldn't.
I walked back to the car and I got in it. I didn't even glance over my shoulder to look. I told the driver to just drive off.

I was thinking while looking at the bouquet; should I do it or not. Will my apology make any difference to her? I don't think so. She's way happier with Juan; and that's acceptable. And I deserve it.

Well nothing mattered anymore....

I reached the base; I did my work; she was at the hospital; she spent time with Ryan and Juan; I spent time with Fernando...

That was all. My day got over and I literally didn't even wanna go home.

I finally called Chris to check where she was. He replied that she came home two hours ago... I kept my phone down right away. I grabbed my coat and when I was about to wear it; I glanced outside. The weather was so gentle and soothing; It slowed all my hurries and releaved a lot of stress. I took steps to the window and I saw birds flying; a gorgeous orange sky; a pretty sunset; a gentle breeze. I stood there with a grin on my face. Then again I looked at the clock; I HAD to go! I glanced back; took the bouquet and paused for a moment.

I ran to my car and drove home. The weather was perfect... While I was driving; the chirps were like a beautiful song to my ears. Made my day better.

I got off the car; I walked straight to my floor. Both of the rooms; the office and her bedroom were closed... I stopped in front of her room. My hands trembled to the knock. I was very hesistant... I took a deep breath and I told myself to go for it. But in the end; I just dropped my hand with a sigh and walked away. I opened the door of my room with a sad expression and there she was; sitting on my table reading a book...

I looked down at the bouquet and wondered what the hell should I do? I looked at her and she was already looking at me; with not such a pleasent expression. I slowly stepped in and kept the flowers on the bed and I took a seat. Just then, she took the book and was about to leave.