Chapter 21:- Grand Mafia Ball

Gonzalez's pov:-

*Pause for now*

I was waiting for Viviana to arrive, it was almost half an hour since I've been here. I checked my watch. T
hen I glanced outside; I looked again to reassure what I saw...
And what I saw.... My goodness.
She was looking around, trying to find me. And I was already looking at her from a distance, without her knowing. My eyes didn't even blink for a second. I took a good look at her from head to toe; she looked perfect. She finally noticed me. She looked at me through the crowd and gave a smile. Her smile was everything to me. It was my first priority since I met her. She looked beautiful as ever but my god; red looks more than perfect on her...
I wish I could just stare at her forever...

I walked towards her from the crowd and I stood in front of her. She looked up at me with a smile and I gave her a hand. I took her hand as we walked in the crowd. She looked up at me and before she could say anything, I interrupted-
"You look beautiful." I said looking at her brown eyes... I meant it.

She looked up and she went-
"Grazie. Anche tu sei bello."
(Thank you. You look handsome too.)

Damn! She spoke Italian! I was shocked.
"That was so good! And thank you pretty lady..."

"You're welcome." she fixed her dress.

"Well, I have a surprise for you..." I said excitedly.

"Not now. Look there." she pointed towards the band. And as I looked there, they were going to announce the people to get started with the dance. I looked back at her and she was looking at me with a grin on her face. She said- "We've worked hard for it, don't screw up."

Bruh. Words of affirmation? No. She talks like my mom.

I shot her with a restless face. Then I heard someone behind me as she looked over my shoulder.
"Hello, Pierce."
I looked behind. "Ah... Hey Juan." I said dejectedly.

"Hi, Gorgeous." he said to her. God why did I invite him?! He ruins everything.
But then I saw Viviana grabbing my bicep in front of him and getting close.
"Hello Juan." she replied.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked. I replied rapidly with-

-"She's fine"

He raised a brow at me.
"Hey I bought you a drink-" I heard a familiar voice. "Aw shit." she said.

I really shouldn't have invited him. I had to act cool so I hit her with,
"Oh hey Nevada. Good to see you, are you his date tonight?" I asked politely.

She grabbed his bicep as she cringed towards Viviana. She looked back at me and went-
"Yeah... I am. And is she yours?" she glared at Viv head to toe.

"Um... N-" I was confused what to say unless she interrupted-

"-Yes I am."

"Oh?" Nevada said in a jealoused tone. "Well, don't you wanna introduce us, Gonzalez?"

-"It's okay... I know who you are. Very well infact." Viv replied. She looked up at me while she was saying the last part. I realised that she knows what Nevada was to me. I was screwed this time and this was very awkward and embarrassing; unless the announcement happened.

Conor got on the stage as he went- "Ladies and gentlemen... May I have your attention please?" he said. The chatter stopped and everybody faced him.

"Welcome to our Grand Mafia Ball...
I assume most of you have left your Mafia work for this Ball... But a day off doesn't harm, does it? Well, I'm Conor Delgado; Juan Delgado's brother, from Croc Mafia. Being the host of the Mafia Ball for the very first time, I'm honoured."