Chapter 19:- Sick.

I yawned as I walked downstairs. My vision was blurred until I saw all the body guards moving around here and there at 10 in the morning. The facilities provided more safety as there might be intruders between the workers. I rubbed my eyes and I focused at a place when I saw Pierce downstairs; already in a suit. I was really confused so I went up to him and sat on the couch in front of him.

“Good morning.” he greeted and took a sip of the coffee.

“Fuck good morning. I just threw up right now.”

“Oh- why so?”

“Indigestion maybe? Don't know, don't care.”
I indicated the maid to bring me a coffee.
“So where are you going today?” I asked him.

“I've got some work to take care of, I'll be back by 6.” he said.

“Six?! Are you kidding me?! It's the ball today! You're supposed to be here!” the coffee arrived.

“I know, but it's important.” he replied with a straight face.

“Ugh.” I crashed back.
He finished his coffee and got up. He was fixing his coat when I stared at him with pity. He looked at me and asked,

“What?”

A crease formed between my brows and I frowned.
“You're leaving already? I just woke up.” I said in a desperate tone.

“Yeah I know. That's why I'm giving you some paper work as well.” he fixed his tie. “Stay busy. The documents are in the office.” he said and started walking out with the guards.

“Oh man!” I said in disgust.

“C'mon, get up now. And get a little productive, woman.” he said from the gates.

“Well bye I guess?” I said.

“Bye.” he said and walked off of there. He went away.
I took sometime to finish my coffee. Alone.

I got up and I ran upstairs. I picked up a formal fit and I went straight to shower. So good when I felt the cold water on my skin. I used several products for hairs and my body as my stylist recommended. I got out of the shower, drying my hairs with the towel. I removed the towel as I got settled on my dresser. I noticed the calender and it struck me as odd.
Something important was supposed to be there today but I don't remember it myself...

Then I also remembered another thing. I got an epiphany... A huge one. I gulped as I brushed my hairs behind my ears and I tried to cool down. My hands shook as it reached towards my drawer. I took my dryer out and I turned it on.
“No it can't be.” I said to myself giving volume to my hair and drying it. I was convincing myself to a factor that might have a negative possibility. But I kept my thoughts positive, hoping that they don't come true.

After a good 30 minutes, I went to my office. I saw a huge pile of documents and I was already exhausted just by the sight of it. I scoffed and I sat on my chair. I saw the maid passing by so I ordered a coffee for me. I cracked my knuckles before I got on my laptop.

I was writing, typing, and stressing all at once! My coffee arrived and I was still writing. I thanked the lady and I got back. I took a 10 minute break and I don't know why I feel exhausted very often these days. Just after reaching half way through my cup, I felt a slight disgust in my throat. The next moment you see me throwing up in the toilet. I wasn't very well man. I'm a very productive girl, but I just didn't feel like it today. I washed my face and my makeup away and I put up my hair. I took a photo of myself like that and I texted him I wasn't feeling well and I threw up again. He didn't reply. How can he not reply? I sent a dozen of texts at once and he finally saw them. Pierce replied with ‘Okay you can go and take rest.’ and that was it.