Chapter 45:- She'll love it.

We flew back to Miami after spending a great time at his parents house. But Pierce has been acting strange since the last call of Luca. He didn't talk to me, he'd just reply and answer. He was getting distant day by day and I couldn't understand why. When we landed in Miami, he'd just sit in his office the whole day and at night he'd sleep beside me, but facing the other side. I was bearing this behavior of his for quite a while. But one day I couldn't handle it any more so I confronted him.

“Hey...” I said and walked in the dimly lit office. I stepped slowly towards him, he was still working. I took a seat.

“Hey.” he replied when he glanced up for once.

I kept my hands on the table as I asked, “What's wrong Pierce? Why are you behaving this way?” I said looking at him with pity.

He was still working, scratching down some notes and arranging the papers. Without making any eye contact he replied, “Behaving in what way?” gave the bare minimum response.

“Why are you getting distant?” I still kept looking at him while he was still busy.

He sighed as he replied, “There is a reason, but I can't tell you that.” he said thudding the papers on the desk, arranging them in an order.

I got really mad and I couldn't handle this rage anymore. I got up and I threw the papers he was arranging, leaving him empty handed. I climbed up the desk and sat on it.

“Look at me Pierce.”

He still looked down.
Pierce just fucking look at me!” I yelled.

He slowly looked at me.

“Now tell me the damn reason.” I commanded.

He sighed. “You'll find out soon.” he said and grabbed his coat; ready to leave.

I turned around and watched him leave. I sighed as I looked back at the window outside...

Meanwhile Pierce:-

They both were sitting at their regular place, the garden outside the hospital. The street lamps were lit, spreading a little bit of light. Pierce looked at her and he pulled out the little box. He opened it and showed the ring to her.

“So what do you think? Will she like it?” he asked.

A grin spread across Althea's face, and a heart shattered behind it. She looked up at Pierce and replied,
“She'll love it.” she smiled.

He smiled back and kept it in.
“You know it was a really hard decision to make, all the rings were pretty.”

“Haha, right...”

Pierce sighed and looked deep into her eyes. “Thank you Althea. Thank you so much for always being there for me. For looking after me.”

She smiled at him and took a deep breath as she looked at the sky. “You know my mom used to say, 'the strangest meetings, last for good.” she looked back at him. “And I never believed it, until I met you.” her wide smile turned into a wistful one as she proceeded -“Congrats Pierce, have a great life ahead.”

Pierce nodded in response. He finally got up fixing his coat. “Well now I have to leave, Viviana must be wondering where I am.”

“Oh yeah... Right.” she nodded.

“Alright then, good night, see you tomorrow.”

She smiled, “See ya.” she said and Pierce walked out of there.

Little did he know how brutally she broke down after he left. Althea was in love with Pierce; a person she could never have...

Pierce reached home to her fast asleep. He approached the bed and hung his coat. He changed and sat on the bed, watching her... His hand brushed her hair as he whispered to himself, “I love you so much that I'm ready to make you mine forever...” He said and kissed her forehead. “Good night sweetheart, tomorrow is a big day.” he said and fell asleep beside her...