Chapter 30:- Nothing but a phase...

Pause*
_________

Sam confessed with his eyes moist.
“No... Ivy's no more.”

Juan's expressions stayed still with his words of empathy “Oh-... I'm sorry.”

“Ah never mind... Go back to Viv.” he said looking away in disappointment. Juan looked down and turned his back as he started walking away with his shoes echoing around the empty tunnel. Suddenly,
“Wait!” Sam yelled. He turned around.
He took a pause before he said-“This conversation didn't happen... Okay?” he confessed Juan with tears in his eyes. Juan squinched his eyes, trying to get something out of his expression. It felt as if Sam was hiding something behind his tears. And his words made the situation more concerning. But as Juan is, he ignored everything and made his way out of the tunnel. He was pretty confused why did he firstly called him in the damn tunnel? He thought to himself. Hands in the pocket, he walked away.

On the other hand, Pierce was fixing his tie and the rolex on his wrist. He grabbed his coat and took the headphones and Vivana's phone. He was about to leave when something suddenly popped up on his mind. He looked down at the phone again. He nodded but stayed still. His hands were hesitant to unlock the phone but he did it anyways. He saw very few notifications. He didn't even care, he just swiped up to her gallery. His heart melted like wax. All of Vivian's selfies were in it. All of the times when she was happy; smiling. Pierce sighed because he knew what he did and what he lost. Each second the emotion of guilt was eating him from inside. He was hurt; very hurt. But who would know? But who would care? Except; viv?

He made his way out. Next thing you see he's at the hospital standing next to a nurse as he said,
“Give it to her. Tell her Juan gave this.”

The nurse nodded along and did what was told. Viviana was fast asleep. When the nurse went in, Pierce watched her from outside. The nurse walked in and shook her awake. As soon as she opened her eyes, Pierce walked away.

But still; he was the first thing that she saw.

Viv woke up and thanked the nurse. The nurse did tell her that it was from Juan, but she knew who it really was.

Well the nurse walked away and she put on her headphones. She grabbed the book kept besides her and took a pen. She clicked the pen and started scratching down some notes.

Unpause*

Next moment you see that she kept the book away and took her pills. She fell asleep instantly. Pierce took a glance at her from the outside before leaving as he noticed she was asleep. He took advantage of the moment and entered the room. He closed the door slowly as he walked up to her bed. He took a seat and his hand reached towards her. His hands were hesitant to touch her; even pulled back a few times. He wasn't sure if he was right at the moment but he gathered the courage to touch her. He gently brushed away her hair from her face. Her looks switched him alive. He caught his breath and swayed his hands on her head. He moved to pour some water for himself, when he noticed the book. He removed his hand from her head and took the book. He opened to the exact page and started reading...

It has been a while in this hospital... Well, I don't even mind this; it's peaceful here. But yet a little painful too. The only thing I know, a lot of things were the reason for me getting here. And I also know, every single thing is going to change when I get out of this bed.

Finally a burden is lifted off of my shoulders; the baby. I didn't see what I was about to give birth to- It's alright but I feel horrible for taking the life of someone who didn't even start to live. I could've watched their little hands and feet grow as I grow old. I could've heard them calling me a mother. I could've received so much love in return if that one single thought never crossed my mind. But well; everything happens for a reason right?

Pierce.... What can I write about you... You've left me speechless in every turn of my life. I don't have anything to say. But yeah, I've forgiven you. But I'll surely disappear from your life very soon. I'll hug you before I leave and make it the longest one. You've helped me a lot and I loved you too. Please don't make me regret leaving you. I hope you'll be fine without me and I know you'll be fine without me... I was nothing but a phase. We were nothing but a phase.

Tears in his eyes, he closed the book. He held back his crying and took her hand. He gently rubbed her hands as tears flowed down his cheeks.
I'm so sorry Viviana.” he muttered. “I love you.” his lips quivered. “I love you so much.”

He took her hand and kissed it. He kept her hand on his lips as he sobbed awfully. He stayed there for hours and his tears didn't stop. Eventually, he slept placing his head beside her arm.

But the fact is that, he was the only one asleep in the room.

Tears rolling down her cheeks, she wiped his tears away; without making him wake up...