Chapter 16:- Time.

All of us were crazily busy for all these three weeks! Me and Viv barely had time to discuss things. I had a news to tell her. But our schedule was so fucked up that the only time I could see her was at dinner or at gym. And I didn't wanna ruin the only time we were together. Good thing at least we had breakfast and dinner together. And then we're gone for the whole damn day.

We would manage the clock and do the dance practice early in the morning or late at night. The sad thing was we had zero days off in all of these weeks. We all were extremely exhausted.
Well, since Viviana became a part of DN, I'm more focused on the other works of the base. She handles my firm and documents and all the paper works very well. I handed her my office and now she's the boss. She's great at it, not gonna lie! She made my work light. And I'm proud of her for being more professional towards her work.

Moving onto our personal life... Well her birthday is on the exact day of the Mafia Ball. WHICH IS DAY AFTER TOMORROW!This was getting serious. Now how do I throw a party and handle the Ball at once? I had to think about it.

I reached home. And when I was heading upstairs, I smelled something delicious. I was confused and so I headed to the kitchen. I took a short run while lossening my tie. I opened the kitchen doors and I saw Viviana opening the microwave. The aroma was mouth watering. This smell was familiar.

“Oh my gosh! What is that?” I asked as I leaned on the doorframe with my hands folded.

She flipped her hair as she turned around with the tray.“Oh hey.” she said and took off her gloves. “Nothing. I got spare time so I thought to cook something. I made lasagna and strawberry trifle.

“What is it? Christmas already?” I said and made her laugh.

“No! I was just yearning to cook honestly.” she grabbed the edge of the table, scrunched her nose and relaxed. “I missed my food.”

“Bet it's delicious.”

She gave out a chuckle, “How'd you know?”

“Smells like so. Well I'll go shower then we'll have dinner. I'll be right back.” I said and took off.

And that; was the quickest shower I've ever taken.

I came rushing down and I slowed down as saw her going through her phone on the chair. I smiled.
“Hey.” I said and settled  in front of her.

“Hi.” she kept her phone away. “How was your day?” she got up and started to serve.

“Do you need help?” I got up.

“It's on me. Now tell me about your day.”

I sat back. “Crazy as usual. How about yours?”

“Crazy as well.” she sat in front of me. “Taste it.” she said smiling proudly.

I took a bite of lasagna. Oh my god the nostalgia! Wow. “You cook just like my mom! Loved it!”

“Thank you.” she chuckled and started eating.

Then the news struck my head. I gulped slowly as I confronted,
“Um... Your father got caught. He's still in Mexico but he tried his best to escape.” I said. Her eyelids rested in an expression of rage. She looked up at me.

She replied “We're flying to Mexico; Tomorrow.”

I sort of doubted her quick decision “For what?” I asked.

“Gotta finish the job.” she said mouthful.

My eyes widened and my ears moved back at her statement.

“What job?” I asked wiping my mouth.

She looked up and gave an evil smile as she said, “Killing him of course.”