Chapter 1

1:00 AM - Jun/2021
Manhattan, NY

Lieutenant Halstead has long been out of the action on cases, but for this one he was there. He prepared for that moment, every detail of this case had the lieutenant actively participating in each step.

The case in question was the trafficking of minors, who were used as mules for the traffickers. They came from Mexico and after transporting the goods, the children were separated into categories, they were:

Healthy and younger - sold to mobsters, parents who preferred to pay and choose the "beautiful" ones.

Bigger and healthier - sold to underground clubs, the prettier and healthier girls were used as sex objects.

Bigger, injured, sick and in the vast majority, boys - work analogous to slavery and forced in some companies that did not want to spend on labor.

Useless, rejected and badly injured - Murdered, organ sales or just cremated and discarded.

It was a high-profile case, but one that the FBI was managing to keep out of the media eye as much as possible. One situation or another ended up leaking, but it was always small information that they managed to get around, but the whole scheme behind it, few knew and it was better that way.

For years they were observed, the fact that the case lasted for years, was one of the most inhumane that many professionals have ever witnessed, led police, lawyers, doctors, among other professionals who had access to the case, to have different reactions. Suicides, changing careers, depression, intensive care, going to church, not believing in God. It was like that every day in Jay Halstead's life, he had to deal with these things, he was used to it, he may be considered cold by some, but it's just his self defense.

It really was an inhumane crime, Lieutenant Halstead was never so happy to leave the military to become the Special Agent Director of the Crimes Against Children Division. His rank was Auxiliary Special Agent in Charge (ASAC).

He had been working exclusively in his office for a long time, he wasn't involved in the action itself, he wasn't ahead of the invasions, the exchanges of fire and as many liked to say, Jay stayed out of all the "excitement", however, in addition to recently losing his Supervisory Special Agent (SSA), he wanted to have the honor of ending the Mafia - Los Diablos, once and for all.

He didn't want to agree with anything that came from these monsters, however, he agreed with the name, the crime they committed was appropriate for Los Diablos. They crossed all boundaries, they were inhumane. So he wanted to really get it over with and have the honor of seeing that as the scene unfolded, wanted to have the pleasure of knowing that no other child would ever suffer at the hands of these motherfuckers again.

They were in uniform, their uniforms black, equipped with their rifles. This was no time for pity or pity. It was going into a war on national territory, they knew what they would find inside, they had orders to kill if they had to, it would be a bloodbath, they were aware of that, but Jay tried his best to be peaceful and wanted to get all the victims out safely, so it took them years, not to make mistakes.

They were getting ready when 5 Escalade Cadillacs parked around them, initially startled, thinking it was an ambush, until they heard from Halstead that it was reinforcements waiting. A total of 16 special agents descended.

Lieutenant Halstead was waiting for them. It was a case that crossed both divisions, against terrorism and child crimes. He watches everyone descending and reorganizing themselves, three agents approach him, the others are spread out.

- ASAC... - Conrad Miller approaches Halstead. - This is my team. - He refers to everyone who was vacating the 5 newly arrived cadillac's. - These are my special agents... SSA Nicholas Sanchez and SSA Lindsay Davis. - He presents. ASAC Halstead shakes both hands, meeting Lindsay's gaze last.