Chapter 16

She takes a jar, fills it with water and smells the flowers. She was fine until she saw him, now she had butterflies in her stomach. She felt like a teenager going on her first date. She smiles and takes a deep breath before turning back to him.

She watches him, he always wore suits and it bothered her, but now he looked even more handsome and sexier in that all-black suit.

- You are very good. - She smiles at him as she walks through the door and turns to lock the door before leaving.

Jay thanks him and they head to his car. Both looking forward to what the night had in store for them.

- Where are we going? - she asks as soon as he opens the car door for her.

- Well, a surprise is still a surprise. - he says and she enters.

- I hate surprises. - she says when he enters.

- Why do you hate surprises? What do you have against them? - he asks as they put on their seat belts and he starts the car.

- They never work out or the surprises are something that the person ends up not liking. - She says.

- Well, I guarantee you two things, this one will work and it's definitely something you like. - He says.

- How can you be so sure? - She smiles at his confidence. - You don't know me... - She explains.

- Well, I know enough before the first date. - He smiles and looks at her quickly. - And I intend to find out more about you today. - He smiles at her again.

- Well, I hope to learn more about you today and so I can surprise you at the next meeting. - She says shyly.

- Do we already have a second date? - He looks at her and raises his eyebrows. It makes her nervous, she couldn't explain the feeling of butterflies in her stomach since she saw him on the other side of her door, she didn't want it to stop at that first date and they didn't even get to the restaurant, but what if he didn't want the same? - I like that... I think we can alternate our meetings and maybe you'll discover that surprises are really good. - He says and she smiles, he thought of more than two dates, he thought of several.

- Good idea. - She says and they stay in silence, it's not uncomfortable and they don't feel the need to turn on the music just to have something making noise, this silence is bittersweet and Jay decides to cut it to start a conversation.

- Okay, what's the story of your horrible surprise? - He asks and as he is looking at the road he doesn't see her freeze, her heart stops and she thinks that she has a thousand horrible stories from her past and now she feels that if he finds out about her past, there will be no future dates, she really doesn't even deserve it meeting someone amazing and she really doesn't want to ruin the mood or make him uncomfortable with the first question, making him walk on eggshells with his questions. She takes a deep breath, looks at him and says sincerely.

- This is a story that should begin to be told in future meetings. - She smiles and he smiles.

- All good. - He doesn't seem like he was upset, he seems fine with it. - I won't need to know the story to change your thinking about surprises, you'll see. But, I will make sure you enjoy every encounter so you feel comfortable sharing anything with me. - He winks at her.

- We'll see. - She smile. - And you, why do you like surprises so much? - She questions him. He thinks about his childhood and then his adult life and thinks about what subject.

- Well, I'll tell you that not all my surprises were good. - He starts.

- It saw? - She says in a winning tone.