Chapter 26

After talking part of the way, Jay and Erin started a conversation and Sam ended up putting on headphones and laying his head on the glass watching the road. When they stop at Jay's house, he notices that Sam is silent and sees that she was sleeping.

- I think a 40-minute trip tired someone out. - he says.

- My fear when she got her license, I don't know how she managed to talk to you for so long, she usually doesn't last 10 minutes in the car. - Davis says.

- It looks like Jesse. - he jokes and they both laugh. - Aren't you going to come in? - he asks seeing that Erin hasn't taken off her belt.

- What? No...-Lindsay is embarrassed, she wasn't expecting that.

- Why? The kids want to see you! - he says looking at her.

- It's your time to spend with them, they are missing you. - she responds.

- I want you to come in, have dinner with us, we can order something. - he offers.

- Sam and I...

- Listen to my plan first. - he asks and she nods. - We're not going to tell them anything yet, but dad's friend can come in with her sister to have dinner with us and you'll be able to go home without worrying about food, eating junk food and crying while watching romance movies. - he tries, knowing he won.

- Jay, I really don't want to get in your way. - she says softly.

- You won't get in the way and I'm serious. - he takes her hand, looks at Sam, still asleep and speaks quietly. - I'm not ready for these days to end and I'm sure that if we were younger without these three, we would be spending this weekend together. - he says. - Maybe we would have even extended our trip to Chicago.

- I'm not ready to call it a day either. - she says, passing her thumb over his that was caressing the palm of his hand and leans in, kissing him.

- Oh, I was sleeping, but I was still here, more respect please. - Sam says making a choking sound.

- Since when are you 7 years old? - Davis asks his sister, moving away from her boyfriend.

- I don't need to be 7 years old, I don't think kissing is disgusting, I think it's disgusting to see my sister kissing. - she says and when none of them say anything, she speaks again. - So, you're going to stay there kissing and I'm going to need to wait outside, or we can go please. I am hungry. - she says.

- Actually... - Lindsay leans towards the middle and turns to her younger sister. - We're going to stay here for a while, then you can go downstairs and wait. - she teases.

- Ugh. - She rolls her eyes.

- I'm joking, actually not the staying here part, we're going to have dinner here before going home for girls' night, if that's okay with you of course. -she warns, not wanting her sister to feel like she has no choice.

- Fine by me. -She sees that her sister wasn't angry about it, she accepted it in a good way.

- What are we eating? - She turns to Jay.

- What do you like to eat? - he asks.

- Kuma's. - she responds quickly, it was what she was going to ask her sister to buy.

- Then it will be Kuma's for everyone. - Jay responds by wanting to let her have a choice about something.

- They don't deliver. - she responds.

- Okay, no problem, we'll look for it. - he counters.

- Oh no, I'm tired of being in the car. - she complains and Jay looks at Erin with a smile, Sam was comfortable not only complaining to him, but apparently staying at his house, that was good.