Chapter 39

Logan hasn't lived at home since he went to college. He lived in the dormitory and studied at NYU, the same as Sam, but unlike him, she chose not to leave the house.

She knew that usually after they got to high school they would go to college and sometimes they were in other cities, but Samantha went to university close to home and didn't feel the need or desire to move. She would have a roommate at the university and she already had that with Erin. In addition to the fact that it was just the two of them, they liked it that way.

The university was not so far from home, so Logan visited her parents quite often, which was an advantage for Samantha, because she always went with Erin to Jay's house and met her friend.

The square became their place, but Sam began to make an excuse whenever he was going to meet Logan, not because she didn't want them to go, but Erin and Jay were starting to scare Logan and they looked like two threatening psychopaths even though they never said a word.

Erin and Jay left work later. So Jay agreed with Aydan for her to take the children to the square, because Samantha would go straight there and he would pick up the three of them.

- I don't see them. - Jay says the car stopped in the park looking for the children.

- There, near that bench, next to the swing. - she points. - Samantha! - she screams and Jay honks at them. Everyone in the playground looking. The children running with lollipops in their hand to the car and Sam saying goodbye to Logan.

- Where is Aydan? - Jay asks as the two come in. They already knew how to get stuck in the car seat, but they didn't even need it because they were two minutes from home.

- Sam said he didn't need it. She was watching. - Maya says and Erin turns back.

- Who gave the lollipops? - Erin asks.

- SAMMY SAMMY. - Jesse tells.

- I can't believe you did that, did you need to scream? Shame on you. - Samantha gets in the car and Jay laughs, they didn't do anything too much and she was embarrassed.

- I don't believe it. You bought the kids! - Erin says while Jay turns on the car and looks confused at Erin.

- Did you tell me? - Samantha looks at both of them.

- No! - they say quickly.

- Did you buy sweets for them to keep quiet?

- Of course not. It was because they wanted to. - she says smiling at the children. - Besides, why are you walking slowly? Come on, I'm hungry. - she says to Jay.

- Aren't you going to say anything? - Jay looks at his children through the rearview mirror. He didn't know what it was, but after Sam became suspicious he was suspicious and Erin was right, his children were bought for some reason.

- No. - Maya says and the two shake their heads. Happy with your candy. Sam smiles proudly, they were good at keeping secrets and being bought.

- I can't believe it. - Erin says and Sam smiles victoriously, but Erin wasn't giving up. - You know you can't hide anything from me or your father, don't you? - she starts looking back while Jay stops the car.

- She's right, what did I say about not telling the truth? - he asks stopping in the garage.

- That it's ugly to lie, especially when it's for you. - Maya replies.

- Exactly. - Jay says. Both were comfortable that they knew it and even though they didn't know what it was, they were fine with Sam having bought them, it was probably a stupid thing.

- Samantha and Logan were kissing on the mouth when we arrived. - Jesse tells immediately. Maybe they weren't that good at keeping secrets. Erin arches her eyebrow for her sister smiling, victorious for the children to have longed and surprised by the revelation.