Chapter 40

Samantha's birthday finally arrived, Erin was really looking forward to that day because she couldn't wait to give her Sam's gift, but she might have to change her plans a little.

-Maya! Let's go! - Jay shouts to his daughter.

Maya's attitude had worsened over the last week. They had talked to her without telling her about her problems, Jay hadn't been able to get anything out of her and was still working on how he was going to figure out what it was.

Jesse was ready and Erin was already arriving. The initial plan was for Erin to give Sam his gift before they left, but Sam had a problem with her dress and Lindsay was late, however, Maya wasn't in the best mood either when she woke up, she said they could go without her and then when The time came, she said she wanted to get ready on her own. However, Jay got himself together, helped Jesse and so far nothing from his daughter.

- You wait for me here, I'll call your sister. - Jay says, leaving his son in the living room playing with his toys.

Jay runs up the stairs and goes to his daughter's room.

- Hey fairy. - Jay knocks on the door and after two times he decides to enter. - I'm coming in Maya. - he was already getting angry and frustrated with his daughter's behavior.

- I don't want you here. - she says angrily.

- Well, I can even respect your wishes, but when you talk to me. - he says, stopping at the door of her room, he doesn't want to invade her space, but he also won't let her disrespect him.

- I don't want! - she says angrily.

- Maya, you're not even ready. You said you would get ready. - he says taking a deep breath.

It was difficult, because he doesn't know what to do in this situation, he doesn't know if he respects her moment, or this is the point where he insists that she speak. There's that moment where you can create that bond with your child or that's when you break it, Jay was scared, he didn't know that was the moment that this would happen. To what extent should he leave her or impose her authority? That was hard to know.

🖤☠️🖤

- We're here... - Erin knocks on the door three times and enters.

Jesse was too focused on his activity to pay attention to the conflict that was going on upstairs, he wasn't young enough to not care, but at the same time all he could do was give everyone hugs and kisses to make it better.

- Hey, sweetheart. Where are your father and sister? - she asks with Sam close behind, closing the door.

- Up there. - he points.

- Okay, let's see if she wants help with her hair. - Erin says and this time Jesse decides to go up with her. Since Sam called him.

- Hi, do you want help? - Erin enters but stops and Sam stops right behind as soon as they see the situation. Jay standing at the entrance, Maya lying on the bed with her back to them.

- I don't want you here. -Maya cries when she hears Erin's voice.

- What there was? Do you want me to leave? - she whispers to Jay as she walks towards him. Sam telling her she's going downstairs with Jesse back.

- No, she doesn't want to go. - Jay says and looks at his daughter. He takes a deep breath and calms down. He thinks when did she start getting like this, what made her get like this, he needs to recap.

- Hey... - Lindsay says, afraid of Jay's reaction because she's getting involved and afraid of Maya's reaction because she's invading her space. - Can we talk? Girl talk? - She approaches and sits on the edge of the bed.