Chapter 36

Jay pulls her for a hug. It must be the worst thing to live what she lived. The abuses, the negligence, everything she witnessed, everything she had to do. And still watch your son die. It was unimaginable how there were children in the world who went through such terrible things that it was difficult not to wonder why? Who decided that? Why were there such cruel people?

Erin was 15 years old, she knew what her mother's love was, not her own, but she was that love. She didn't understand how her mother didn't feel that for her. Andrew was Erin's world, the reason she was strong and fought. Unfortunately he was too good for this world.

- That's how I met Olivia. She was in an affair at that time, if they had appeared the day before. - tears flow. - One day Jay, it was all we needed to have endured. It's so hard to understand why things happened like this. I had money to escape, I just needed a place in that shelter. They were after Charlie and everyone who lived with him and they just needed to have arrived the day before and I would still have Andy with me. - she trembles in her arms.

It had already been 15 years. Your son would be 17 years old now and it was a horrible feeling to remember that someone so innocent lived 2 years of pure terror. Jay knew what the fear of losing his children was, he knew what it was like to feel powerless with his own children, but he didn't know the real pain of losing a child, the pain that only one day could have made a difference in that child's life. Jay hugs her tightly, letting her cry everything she has to cry and consoling her so that she no longer enters into an attack.

Erin felt a relief when she told him. It was like she was taking a weight off her back, but it didn't hurt any less. It still hurt so much, but so much that she didn't know if one day it would stop hurting.

- He loved you. - Jay walks away and stares at her. - He knew what love is, was loved and was taken care of. - Jay stares at her. - What was within your reach for him you did, even though you were so young, you were an amazing mother.

- I didn't go, I was an addict and I killed my son. My mother had me and Sam and we are still alive. She managed to be a better mother than me.

- No! - Jay interrupts immediately. - She was never a mother and if you are alive, it's not thanks to her. If you're alive, it's thanks to you, your strength and Sam pulled it from you. You were an amazing mother to Andrew, yes, because after everything you went through, you had many reasons to despise him, but you loved him. You took care of him for two years, you gave him life Erin and I know he was a strong boy like you. - he wipes her tears uselessly.

- The day we went to take the children, I got out of the car with Jesse because I wanted to know the feeling. I know it was selfish on my part, but I thought it was with Andy, as it would be his first day of school and Jesse saying he loved me that day, it hurt so much in me. - your vision is blurred with so many tears. - I used your son, I used your son to make up for the lack of mine.

- You weren't. - He comforts her. - You and Jesse have a call. I know Maya is also attached to you, but Jesse, there is something... - Jay stops, on the day he decided not to share, but after everything Erin shared, maybe now was the moment. - The day he cried and asked for you, he woke up at dawn from a nightmare.

- You told me. - She remembers.

- I didn't tell you everything. He woke up scared, and started crying calling for mommy. He had never called for Hailey in any nightmare, not like that. He was terrified, Erin. I tried to calm him down and he wouldn't stop asking for his mother and I explained that she was dead and he denied it, said it was a lie and kept asking and asked me to call. I have, I was sure it wasn't Hailey he was talking about, he asked for you. He wanted you that night and I didn't know what to say. All I know is that now, it seems that somehow, you should have a call.