Chapter 45

- Good morning to you... - Jay picks up Jesse who was on top of him and starts tickling him and throws him into the free space of the bed, he notices that Maya is laughing at his brother and picks her up, throwing her in her place in bed and getting on top of your children while tickling them. He loves their laughter, the way they scream and have fun, in the middle of the tickling Jay hugs them and showers them with kisses. The children beg him to stop and after more kisses and tickling he does.

- Stop, daddy. - Maya says laughing and panting.

- Again, again... - Jesse shouts completely excited.

- Oh again? - Jay looks at them. - Like this? - and he starts tickling them again and starts kissing them again, which ends up causing Maya to hit her father in her desperation. - Oh no... - he falls on the bed.. - Oh no, I was hurt. - he says feigning pain.

- Attack!!! - Jesse shouts and his two children go after him and tickle him like he was doing before.

- I say I'm injured and you attack me? - Jay says, dodging his children's small hands. They laugh at what their father says and he doesn't accept it, preparing for the next battle, but before they can the doorbell rings.

-It's Erin...-Maya jumps out of bed, forgetting her father.

- It's mommy. - Jesse jumps out of bed, following his sister who is already leaving the room, but Jay is faster and holds him back. Jesse had started calling Erin Mommy lately, but Jay would always talk to him before it reached Erin's ears.

- Hey man... let's take it easy. - Jay holds him and he tries to free himself from his father's hands.

- No, daddy... mommy is here, let's go. - he doesn't feel like talking, he wants to see her.

- You know your mom died right? - he starts as always.

- Héctor said Erin is my mom. - he says and tries to free himself and this surprises Jay.

- What do you mean Héctor said that? - Jay knew his son's classmate from school, he was a smart kid and apparently talked too much.

- He said that Lindsay is my mommy, because she is like his. She gives kisses, she is affectionate and she is nice. Just like his mom. - and that's what Jay was afraid of.

After he found out about Andrew he understood why she was so motherly, she knew, even if she didn't believe it, she was a mother, a good mother. Hailey loved her children, but no more than anything in the world, she wouldn't do anything to protect them, it was always her first, then others and that made her worse. Of course, Jesse would miss maternal affection, which no matter how hard Jay tried would never be enough.

- Lindsay is really cool, we all love her. But let's not call her that, okay?

- Why not? - the boy asks, already making a face.

- Because she's not your mommy, she loves you very, very much, but for now you call her Erin, okay? - he asks his son, the brightness and smile fading for a sad frown.

Jay didn't mean that he shouldn't call Erin Mommy. He hoped that when their relationship was more advanced and they both wanted it, this could be an option. He didn't want to overthink it, but he knew that if it was their choice, he wouldn't get into it. Except now that everything was very new, very recent and they would have to control Jesse, he was very attached to Davis, whenever he saw her he clung to her, but after everything that happened when she heard Jesse calling her that, He didn't know if this was the time for that.

🖤☠️🖤

Things had to change plans when Sam triggered a butterfly effect. They both had their own house, but if they were honest, it could be called more like a dormitory than anything else. They left early for work and college and generally only came back after dinner.