Chapter 17

It was a good start to the meeting. They were in a good restaurant, with excellent company, they started with a good and smooth conversation. At no point did they feel uncomfortable with each other, the smiles and looks they exchanged said more than their own words and that was a good sign.

Jay has been on a lot of first dates. Of course, there was a time when he didn't even care about knowing the names of the women he went to bed with, but after his children, everything changed. The meetings were rare, but they were what he considered safest for himself and the children, but today, this meeting was different from all the others and he knew it was definitely the company.

Erin, on the other hand, has never had her first date and if they were like that, then she would have liked to have had one sooner. However, the more she talked to Jay, the more she was happy that he was going first. Maybe if she was with another guy years ago then maybe she might not like him. When she realized that she wanted this to be her first and last first date she got scared, it was crazy she knows, but she wanted all the next dates to be with him. Not because of his looks or his position in the FBI, but because he was an incredible man and an admirable father. She notices this as she watches him talk to the nanny.

- I'm going now. - Jay says putting the phone to his ear while with the other he takes his wallet. - She has a spare firecracker in their bathroom. She'll see if it helps. - he says and calls for the waiter. - I'll be there soon. - he hangs up and Erin speaks first.

- Everything is fine?

- Maya has asthma and bronchitis. Aydan is trying to resolve it, but her pump has run out. - he says and the waiter arrives. Jay pays the bill and he and Lindsay get up, she thought about ordering a taxi, but maybe she could help and when Jay didn't say anything, they went to his house together. He asked Aydan to stay at their house tonight, as he had intended to come back a little after his children's bedtimes, but not too late, so it was good for them to be home.

🖤☠️🖤

Lindsay could have sworn that with the speed he drove, he would have gotten a few traffic tickets and the giroflex helped a lot in getting them to Jay's house in record time. Jay jumps out of the car leaving everything lit and open. Lindsay just turns off the car and follows Jay inside.

- Hey... breathe for me. Everything will be fine. - Jay found his daughter on the living room couch, she was hyperventilating, but it didn't seem that serious. - Hey buddy, can you get her oxygen cylinder for me? - Jay asks the boy. His two sons had training on where to get the cylinder if necessary.

- I take. - Aydan says and Jay tells her where he is. The woman stands up and Erin approaches.

- Hey Maya... - she says in a soft voice. - Look at me. - she asks and caresses the girl's forehead. - I need you to breathe with me. So... it smells like a flower... - Erin takes a breath. -And she blows out the candles. That. -Erin pulls Jesse onto her lap. - Come on, one more time. - Smell the flower... and blow out the candles. - she breathes out. Maya and Jesse repeating. Jay watches and the next three times he follows along. Aydan had returned with the cylinder, but the girl was already calming down with Erin so she waited.

- How are you feeling dear? - Jay asks after using the firecracker with his daughter.

- Better. - she whispers and snuggles into her father's arms.

- That is great. - He says smiling and passing his hand over his daughter's sweaty forehead. - What happened? Do you want to share? - He asks and she nods silently, but remains silent for a while. She looks at everyone and finally her father, their eyes meet and she starts to speak.

- It felt like I was in the water again. It seemed like Mom didn't want me to go. She told me to go with her, but I didn't want to and she held me and said I should, I was out of breath, but I couldn't go up and... - Tears fall from your daughter's eyes.