Chapter 10

Lindsay was putting on her badge and taking her gun out of the safe when her sister approached.

- Hey...

- Hi... - Erin looks at her. - Everything is fine? You are sick?

- I wish you would give me an excuse to skip college today. - she says throwing herself on her sister's bed.

- If you don't like the class, why did you take extra subjects on vacation? - Lindsay asks, checking her bag.

- I don't know. I thought that if I took it I would be able to advance the subjects and finish faster. - she says looking at the ceiling.

- Have you seen my iPad? - she asks her sister, leaving her complaint aside for 3 seconds.

- On the table. I got it yesterday when mine discharged. - she says and Erin nods. Everything was ready. She just needed to grab her iPad and her keys, but first, she turns to her sister.

- You don't need to take more subjects to finish quickly. You just turned 19, I think you can take it slow. - she explains to her sister. - And if it's not what you want to do, you know you can drop it and choose something else, right?

- I know. - Sam says thoughtfully, but leaves the matter at that.

- Then we'll talk, I have to go or I'll be late. - She bends over to mess up her hair and gets up. - There's coffee and I left eggs and bacon for you in the pan. I love you. -As Sam didn't have class until later, he wouldn't allow Erin to take her.

🖤☠️🖤

Jay was in one of his meetings when he muted it to listen to his unavoidable tasks for the day. He thanks her and returns to focusing on the meeting when the woman leaves and leaves him alone, he ends the meeting and checks his emails.

Two they were waiting for were answered. Burgess and Atwater responded to the email saying they would go to the meeting the next day, an interview just for consideration, why the two will be hired, based on their resumes. He rarely refused someone recommended by his sergeants. It was their team and he let them choose their agents, he just liked to take a look at who was coming into his company and be the first to introduce himself as he was the head of the headquarters.

He smiles at the email, because now he has an excuse to talk to Lindsay, not that he needed it, but he doesn't want to attract attention from his agents.

His phone rings and he gets up, answering it and saying he was on his way when he saw it was Aydan. The woman had a commitment and couldn't take the children, so they would stay with their father for a few hours. When he comes down he smiles at the scene.

Lindsay was smiling and talking to the kids.

- But of course I know. In fact, I love it. I watch it with my sister on movie nights. - Erin says and notices the children enchanted by her watching children's films. She was saying that she already watched "Inside Out" and left out that she and her sister finished the film in tears.

- How old is your sister? - Maya asks.

- 19.

- She is big.

- In truth. She's little, you just can't tell her that. - Erin jokes. -She is already a teenager, but she also likes watching cartoons, just like me.

-Dad... Erin said she also watches cartoons like us.

- Wow. This is really cool. - he smiles, stroking his daughter's head and smiling at Lindsay.

- Do you want to watch PAW Patrol with us? - Jesse offers.