Stress

Charles sighed. It had been a particularly stressful day at the school, all the students were being particularly frustrating and not behaving while Charles was trying to teach. He shut the door to his office behind him as he walked in then made a beeline for his desk.

Charles threw himself into the chair then hid his head in his hands, groaning slightly. An idea popped into his mind and he frowned slightly, fighting an internal battle. While it was probably not an appropriate thing for him to do since he was the headmaster of a school, he was only human after all. Yanking open a draw in his desk, Charles reached inside and grabbed a small box out of the draw. He opened the box then with practiced ease, rolled the dried leaves up in paper to create a cigarette.

Charles stood up, walked over to the open window then lit the joint. It definitely wasn't appropriate for the headmaster to be smoking weed in his office but sometimes you got to do what you got to do to decrease some stress.

A soft knock at the door scared the shit out of Charles. He hastily stubbed out the joint so as not to be discovered and opened the wider as wide as it could possibly go.

"Who is it?" Charles called.

"You mean you don't recognise my mind?" A voice responded.

Charles breathed a sigh of relief, it was his husband, the one man he really needed, "come in Erik."

Erik opened the door and walked into the office, after taking one sniff, he quickly shut the door behind him. Charles looked over sheepishly while Erik grinned "My oh my, Professor Xavier this is very unprofessional."

Charles re-lit the joint he had been smoking "leave me alone Erik, it was a stressful day."

Erik walked over to his husband and pulled him into a hug. Gratefully, Charles melted into the hug and wrapped his arms around his husband. Erik pried the cigarette out of Charles' fingers and took a puff.

"Wow, this is some good quality weed." He chuckled.

Charles snatched back the joint and finished smoking it, "it is, hence why I don't smoke it much."

After Charles stubbed out the cigarette, Erik pulled him onto the couch and hugged him tightly.

"Do you want to talk about your day?" Erik murmured.

"The children weren't being very cooperative, I could barely teach." Charles stated.

Erik kissed Charles on the lips, "I'm sorry handsome."

"It's alright," Charles whispered, "I'm with you now

Erik smiled as he continued to hold Charles tightly. He pressed a kiss on Charles' forehead then pulled him up off the sofa.

"What are you doing?" Charles asked with a small smile.

Erik walked over to the record player and after a while, selected a song and put it on. He held out his hand, "Dance with me?"

Charles took his husband's hand and accepted the offer. He rested the other hand on Erik's chest while Erik moved his hand to Charles' waist.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

They slowly danced to the music, Erik leading the way. Charles smiled up at his tall husband and stood on his tiptoes to gently kiss his lips.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Charles rested his head on Erik's chest and sighed contentedly. Erik kissed the top of Charles' head as they danced around the office.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too

Blue met grey as Charles and Erik lovingly gazed into each other's eyes.

"For I can't help falling in love with you" Erik whispered.

"For I can't help falling in love with you." Charles echoed.

Erik slowly spun Charles around before leaning down and kissing him passionately.