Mr Loverman

The dizziness faded. The alcohol has served its use. Dulling the pain, leaving Charles unable to comprehend what was going on around him. The injection Charles took so that he could walk, made his legs uneasy and slightly, but at least it shook the thoughts from his head.

He sipped at his scotch, the alcohol burned his throat yet he paid no heed to it, instead, he continued to gulp it down.

"Are you ok?"

"You'll be alright."

"At least you can walk again."

"Don't worry, your sister and students will be back soon."

"It'll be ok."

Those were the things Charles heard almost at least once a day. Sometimes they weren't even spoken aloud. The echoes of the last people to talk to him jolted around. Never fading. But he couldn't tell them what had really spiraled him into depression, what had wiped all happiness from his life.

"I'm Mr Loverman, and I miss my lover." Charles mumbled, a tear rolling down his face, "I'm shattered now, I'm spilling out upon this linoleum ground."

Ever since Erik left, he had broken down. His spine wasn't the only thing that had been shattered beyond repair - his heart had been split into thousands of little fragments and, like a mirror that had been dropped on the floor, would be near impossible to repair. His emotions didn't want to stay contained within himself, they just wanted to inconveniently pour out at every given moment.

"What am I supposed to do without you Erik?" Charles sighed.

-----

Erik stared up at the ceiling of the Pentagon. He felt...lost. A feeling he hadn't felt since his mother was ripped away from him at the tender age of 14. Nothing seemed to matter any more, he couldn't function properly. Days blended together. Each one was the same as the next.

"I miss my lover." Erik whispered, his voice low and hoarse from lack of use.