Love Story

He was 17 when he first saw him. Charles gazed at the taller man, not much older than himself. Walking across the balcony, he whispered "hello."

He turned around with a jump, "oh, hello, didn't see you there."

"I'm Charles, what's your name?" Charles smiled shyly up at the man.

"Erik."

Charles grinned at him, "it's a pleasure to meet you Erik, did you perhaps want to get a drink?"

Staring down at the bright blue eyed boy, the 19 year old allowed a ghost of a smile to flicker across his face, "why not, lead the way Charles."

-----

Raven screamed "Stay away from my brother you piece of shit."

Erik stared, absolutely stunned, "what did I do?"

"You're leaving him." Raven spat.

Memories came flooding back to him. The discussion about university, the argument, the tears. But Erik was not leaving Charles, not really, he had to go away for his work however he would be back in a few months. He wasn't turning his back on him, he couldn't.

"I am coming back." Erik whispered, "I'm not going forever."

"You're still a piece of shit, leaving him like that." Raven glared, "I don't want you near my brother."

He left for his work; he didn't leave Charles alone; He didn't listen to Raven.

-----

"Please don't go." Charles whispered, his voice choked by tears "I need you, I can't be without you, what if...what if you abandon me. Take me with you."

Erik pulled the small man into a hug, "Charles I need to go, this is my job and I love what I do, I will call you every night and I will never, never abandon you. I can't take you with me, you are needed here, your students need you."

Nodding into Erik's chest, Charles whispered "I love you, be safe."

Erik tilted Charles chin up with his finger before pressing a gentle kiss to it, "I love you too."

"I'll try and stop Raven from killing you." Charles chuckled weakly.

Erik grinned "good luck Charlie."

----

Tears poured out of Charles' eyes, "I thought you would never come back."

Erik pulled him into a tight embrace, then kissed him deeply. Moving his hands around Erik's neck, Charles kissed him back passionately.

When they eventually pulled apart, Erik stepped back and sunk to one knee. Pulling out a small, velvet box, he whispered "marry me Charles. You'll never have to be alone again."

"Yes." The small sound that came out of Charles' mouth lit up Erik's life. It was the best sound in the world.

-----

"I have something I'd like to sing." Charles announced.

Stepping onto the stage, he brushed down his white suit. Hank handed him the microphone and he turned so that he was staring at Erik as he began to sing.

"We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes and the flashback starts
I'm standin' there
On a balcony in summer air
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, 'Hello'
Little did I know"

Erik's eyes had welled up. The song was perfect for them, it captured their relationship amazingly well.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles
And my sister said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was cryin' on the staircase
Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said"

Raven blushed slightly, it probably wasn't the best idea to tell Erik to stay away from her brother when he was the person who made him the happiest.

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the other prince
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"."

Hank smiled at his best friend. He knew that this relationship was one that would last a lifetime. Charles and Erik were perfect for each other.

So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew
So close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while, oh oh

Erik's eyes never left Charles, he stared at his husband as he sang beautifully. He had never experienced love before he met Charles, but look at him now. Married to the man of his dreams.

"'Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter
And my sister said, "Stay away from Juliet"
But you were everything to me
I was beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said"

Logan sipped his whiskey contentedly. He was not a fan of sappy stuff but he supposed he could make an acception for Charles, one of his best (and only) friends.

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the other price
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
Romeo, save me, they're tryna tell me how to feel
This love is difficult, but it's real
Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
Oh, oh"

Alex, being the die hard swiftie he was, noticed that Charles had changed a few of the words and smiled. He was extremely happy for the newlyweds.

"I got tired of waiting
Wonderin' if you were ever comin' around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said"

Erik's normally emotionless face had tears streaming down it. An odd sight many people would say if it weren't in these circumstances. Erik didn't care about how much he was crying, it was his wedding day after all, he had just married the love of his life and was happier than he had ever been. Thankfully, people cut him some slack and didn't mention it.

"Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said, "Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white suit
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
'Cause we were both young when I first saw you"

The audience clapped loudly as Charles handed Hank back the microphone before striding over to Erik and kissing him.

"You're crying." He stated.

"It was beautiful." Erik whispered.

Charles wiped the tears from Erik's cheeks lovingly then gently kissed him again.

"I love you my dear husband." Charles chuckled.

"I love you too." Erik responded.

The guests all smiled at them and Charles could hear all of them think exactly the same thing "they really do have the perfect love story."

Mentally, he repeated that sentiment to Erik who stared down at him, his eyes bright and his mouth in the widest grin ever, before pulling him into a deep kiss.

"Yes Charles, we really do."